Saturday, June 30, 2007
Yesterday, I finally got my hands on the new Stampin' Up catalog. My copy still hasn't come, but my upline (thank you SO MUCH, Kathy!) sent me a copy. I was able to look through it a couple of times last night. There are some really great sets in there. Now I REALLY need to clear out some of my retiring sets in order to get new ones! :) Thanks for stopping by and Happy Saturday! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Zoofari, sentiment by Stampendous; Paper- DCWVorange, yellow, black, Whisper White; Ink- Palette in Noir; Accessories- Prismacolor pencils, gamsol, stump, Black marker, small oval punch, Making Memories brads, Cuttlebug Bubbles embossing folder, paper piercer;
Friday, June 29, 2007
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
I finally cut out my Zoofari stamps and thought I'd use them today for the Sketch Challenge on SCS. This sketch was kind of tough for me. I don't know why. I kept wanting to add things. I finally just stuck with the "fringy" ribbon to somewhat mimic the zebra's mane. I like the colors of this card, but I'm not real crazy about the card itself. I guess you'll have that, though! The background was stamped using my Papertrey Ink Faux Ribbon set. I thought it worked well with the funky zebra. Thanks for stopping by today! I always really appreciate your comments! Have a great day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Zoofari, Wild About You; Paper- DCWV rust, dark brown, patterned, cream; Ink- Old Olive, Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black; Accessories- ribbon from Oriental Trading, Making Memories brads, small oval punch.
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Monday, June 25, 2007
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Saturday, June 23, 2007
Friday, June 22, 2007
By the way, I wanted to thank you all so much for the Happy Birthday and Get Well wishes for Arwen. She is feeling MUCH better. She seems to be back to her normal self, and the fever seems to be under control. I am VERY relieved! I will have to post a couple pics of her birthday! She wasn't really interested so much in the ladybug cupcakes. She did stick her hand in the icing and wipe it all over her sister's face, so that was a priceless video that we captured! :) Have a great day and thanks for visiting! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Ladybug Picnic; Paper- Wild Asparagus; Ink- Basic Black, Rose Red, Going Grey, Gable Green, Green Galore; Accessories- Aquapainter, large oval punch, Giga Scallop Circle punch, Mega circle punch, paper piercer, ribbon from Doodliedoo.
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
I just got my new Papertrey Ink set, Text Boxed. I didn't think I was going to order this set, but it's growing on me. I thought it fit in perfectly with this challenge. Today, my good friend (and upline) Kathy came to hang out, visit our local stamp store and stamp! We haven't been able to get together like this for a while, so we are having fun! We both decided to do Amy's sketch challenge. I bought a couple of new scallop punches at the stamp store today, which was also perfect for this challenge. Kathy used the You Make Me Smile set for hers along with the new In Colors Purely Pomegranate and Wild Wasabi. Don't you just LOVE those colors together? They look great with that stamp set too! We both had a little trouble coming up with what to use for the wavy lines across the top and bottom in the sketch. I decided to go with the zig-zag faux stitching, and Kathy punched out a rectangle with one of her Marvy Uchida scallop punches and traced the scallops across the card. Hope you like them! We have to get back to stamping! :) Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Papertrey Ink Text Boxed, SU You Make Me Smile; Paper- Certainly Celery, DCWV Yellow, Papertrey Ink White, Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White; Ink- Certainly Celery, Summer Sun, Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi; Accessories- Marvy Uchida scallop circle punches, scallop rectangle punch, circle punch, white gel pen, paper piercer, grosgrain ribbon.
Monday, June 18, 2007
Sunday, June 17, 2007
We are going to visit my dad today for Father's Day. It's a beautiful day and we can't wait to spend it with him and my mom. He does so much for us without even knowing it, and the girls just adore their PapPap. Happy Father's Day to all you fathers! Hope today's a special day for you! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Stampendous, Karen Foster Snap Stamps Tiny Casual; Paper- Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, DCWV Coral; Ink- Cameo Coral, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Basic Black; Accessories- Aquapainter, circle punches, gel pens, staples, paper piercer, Bobbin ribbon, white gel pen.
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Friday, June 15, 2007
Thursday, June 14, 2007
3. Now fold down the new ends you've made to meet the new creases you made with the previous step. (the second picture is a side view. You should have a big mountain in the middle, and two small mountains on the ends.)
5. Now fold the "leg" ends into the crease. (the third picture is a side view of what it should look like when finished folding)
6. Open up binding and reverse the center fold so that it is a "mountain" fold and not a "valley" fold. (in order to add more pages to your book, you can make two of these bindings and connect them together before adding the pages)
7. Now you are ready to attach your pages. First, fold all of your pages in half to make 4.25"X5.5" pages. 8. Open up your folded pieces of paper and use a 1/2" scrap piece of paper to trace a 1/2" mark on the inside of edges of each page. This serves as a guide for attaching your pages to the binding.
9. Now start with the back of the binding, and the paper you want to be your back cover of your book. Add adhesive where you made the marks. Place the one side of the paper on the back side of binding, then fold the paper to attach to the front side of that edge of the binding. (the paper should sandwich the binding) Continue adding all of your pages in the same way.