Sunday, December 14, 2008

Be Merry

Here's a simple little card I made using the Dancing Stockings stamp from The Artful Stamper. You can find it at Stamper's Dream. I stamped the image in Versamark ink and embossed it in black. I then watercolored the image to give it a touch of color. The stars have gold glitter glue on them. To complete the image, I used a ruler to draw a box around the image leaving space for the star and for the sentiment. I thought it made the image look more grounded. Don't forget that Stamper's Dream has gift certificates! If you're still looking for a gift for a stamper, these would make GREAT gifts!

On a personal note, I was able to get a good picture of the kids for the Christmas cards. It took a while, but there were a couple where they were all looking at the camera and somewhat smiling. :) I'm excited that I can now send out my Christmas cards! LOL Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful Sunday!


ETA: Sweet Gabriela left a comment that it was unfair of me to say I finally got a good picture for our Christmas cards without posting the picture, so here ya go, Gabriela! :) Thanks for asking! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Dancing Stockings (The Artful Stamper), Warm Words (SU); Ink- Versamark (Tsukineko), Old Olive, More Mustard, Ruby Red, Bordering Blue (SU); Paper- white (Georgia-Pacific), Basic Black (SU); Accessories- gold glitter glue, ruler, Aquapainter; Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is just fabulous. i love all the white with the frame around the stockings!!!

Anonymous said...

Love this card AND the border line you added, but it's not nice to tease us with news that you got a great family photo for your Christmas card without actually posting it! We want to see that photo! and we want to see it now.

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

OMGoodness, Charmaine! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

OMW! Talk about "ask and you shall receive"! Your babies are delightful and what precious little faces they have. I am greem with envy - I wish I had a whole brood. Thank you for posting this heartwarming photo. Much appreciated. Smiles!

Denise Marzec said...

Awwww, love the pic of the kiddos. Sweet!! Great looking card too. Your watercoloring looks fantastic and I love the glittery gold stars.

Unknown said...

Your card is just gorgeous...and I love how you added the frame.

These little bugs are just too cute for words! I so want to hug and squeeze them! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Love the card but love the pix of the kids better...LOL! The one on the left, spitting image of her mother!!!! They are adorable Charmaine!!

Michele Kovack said...

Your card is fantastic!!! Love the coloring and the border you added!Your children are adorable!

Alex said...

That card is AMAZING, love the coloring!! Charmaine, your kids are absolutely adorable, what a great picture! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Rose Ann said...

What a great picture of your cuties, Charmaine!! I'm glad Gabriela convinced you to post it!!

Your card is so fun and whimsical!! I love it!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is fabulous...love the pic of the bugs...too cute!!

Unknown said...

Look at those sweet sweet faces!! Isaac is so bit and cute!! Love it! Your card is beautiful too - great image! :)

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! Thanks for posting this adorable picture!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

the stocking card is so marvelous, but also your little prettx kids.
God bless them and her mother:-)
Hugs, Anja from germany

Deborah said...

Love bugs! Great picture Charmaine! Merry hugs, Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails