Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Relax

I've been trying something different lately. I'm still not sure I like it, but it's probably because it's just not my "norm". I don't know if you'd consider this a "scrappy" style or what, but I've always liked cards that use different patterned papers and even stamped the focal image in different colors, rather than on a white or cream cardstock. It goes against my brain, I think, but I really like when I see other people do it. So, here is one of my attempts at trying something new for me! :)

I used the Sandy Sunsets set from Our Craft Lounge. I used the June Sketch Challenge from the OCL Forums. There's always a challenge going on if you're in need of inspiration! So, spread your wings a bit and try something outside of your "norm". Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Sandy Sunsets (Our Craft Lounge); Ink- Blue Bayou (SU), Burnt Umber (Palette); Paper- Delighted Key Ingredients Kit (Taylored Expressions); Accessories- rhinestone brads (Darice), Chocolate Chip grosgrain (SU), paper piercer; Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"

9 comments:

Yvette said...

Very cute card Charmaine!!! Good job! :)

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

Well - I love your norm - and it turns out I love your "out of your norm", too! WOW!

Anonymous said...

I love your card!! The colors are beautiful!! Blessings and Hugs!

Denise Marzec said...

I like it, Charmaine!! Looks great!

Alex said...

I think it turned out really pretty Charmaine, I love the different papers you used and the ribbon is YUM! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Unknown said...

I think it's great!! I love the mix and the pretty image on blue - great job!! :)

Carol (HB) said...

oooo' you spread your wings fabulously! I love the way you stitched slightly over the polka dot paper! SO cool!

Jekka said...

This would not be my norm either but I really like this card. It's very calming. Great job!

Bethany Paull said...

I hear ya! I've been wanting to try 'scrappy' too. You did great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails