Monday, March 15, 2010

TE March Key Ingredients

This month, Taylor challenged the Baker's Dozen to create a card or project that includes texture inspired by the outdoors using this month's Key Ingredients. First of all, let me say that I LOVE this month's Key Ingredients. The patterns and colors of the papers are wonderful and made the "outdoors" theme easy!

I created one of Jodi's AWESOME card purses along with three cards to go in it. I created texture through embossing folders, templates, chipboard and jute. I continued the nature theme with the sentiments.

For my first card, I used a chipboard flower that I colored using acrylic paint daubers. I added a couple of pearls in the center of the flower. For the patterned paper, I added extra texture by using the Daisy Cluster Template and Lettuce acrylic paint dauber to create a flower theme. You can see the comparison between the original patterned paper and the patterned paper after the template and paint dauber. The sentiment is from the Favorite Peeps set.



For my second card, I thought the patterned paper looked like water. I used the Cosmic Swirl Template to add "wind" to the top portion of the card. I used a sentiment from the Faith & Hope stamp set.

My third card uses the butterflies that come in the Key Ingredients kit for texture as well as the Frills Cuttlebug folder. The sentiment is from the Discover Your Wings set.

The card purse uses a butterfly as well, along with another sentiment from the Faith & Hope set.

The monthly Key Ingredients kits are now exclusive to subscribers, so if you like this kit, you can subscribe today! I promise, you will LOVE these kits! It makes creating so easy! Everything coordinates and it's all put together for you in one place. . .and even in a nice storage box! Plus, you'll get inspiration every month from the Baker's Dozen! Be sure to stop and see what they've created using this month's kit!








Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

10 comments:

Karen Giron said...

You always make the cutest little card sets! I really love the way your stencil looks over the patterned paper - it's amazing! Super cute!!

jjcreations said...

Wow - what fantastic projects!!! I haven't visited you for so long!! I always enjoy your work!

Jodi C. said...

Wow, wow, wow!!!! I am definitely ready to start playing The minute my KI package arrives!!! Your creations are AMAZING!!! I LOVE what you did with the stencils!!! THANKS so much for that great idea!!!!

Jodi

Jodi Collins said...

These are FABULOUS my sweet friend! LOVE how you made a purse (and it TOTALLY rocks with the jute handles...LOVE that!!) and each card is totally perfect!!!

The Spotted Chick said...

Whoa!! Isn't this the neatest thing! LOVE this idea and your cards are GREAT!

Melissa Sauls said...

Absolutely ROCKIN' Charmaine!! I love this entire set of cards!! And the card made with the template is just amazing!! It totally looks like the patterned paper...GREAT job!

Pam said...

I have been getting these kits for a year now and just love them. Thanks to you and your wonderful ideas I can't wait to get this month kit.

Alex said...

Super cute project Charmaine, I love the colors you used!! I just made one of these too, GMTI!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Carolina said...

What beautiful cards and putting them in the card purse is just the perfect way to gift them to someone! Thanks for sharing!

Bethany Paull said...

These are all so pretty Charmaine, very organic. And your card purse is truly adorable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails