Wednesday, October 1, 2014

TE October Sneak Peeks - Mitten Garland and Seasonal Trees


Welcome back for Day 3 of sneak peeks for Taylored Expressions!  I hope you've been enjoying all the sneak peeks so far!  Today I have two more projects to share with you.  The first uses the Mitten Garland.  The Mitten Garland is an adorable new die set that contains the mitten, a cuff, a snowflake and a sentiment! 

I created a "pocket mitten" that either a gift card or candy cane could be stuffed in.  Once I die cut the mitten, I used the NEW Sweater Weather Cutting Plate and embossed the mitten, then brayered ink all over it.  I love that it makes it look like a material pattern!  The snowflake was die cut a few times out of a cereal box and then layered, making a "chipboard" snowflake.  I added the cuffs and ribbon to hang the mitten and stuffed it with some filler so it's ready to add a gift.  NOTE:  The white tip of the thumb was just a piece I die cut with the mitten die and then cut to fit the thumb.  I thought it matched the cuff well, but the "real" reason I put it there is because the cutting plate wasn't wide enough to emboss the whole thumb, so I covered that spot! ;)

The second project I have today uses the Seasonal Trees Die along with the Evergreens Die.  I think these dies go together so well!  I started by diecutting the Seasonal Trees out of Oreo cardstock.  Then I die cut it again out of Chocolate Truffle, but cut off the border portion since I wanted the border to be black.  Next, I added Liquid Pearls all over the trees.

Once that was dry, I die cut and added the icicle border using the Ice Border Die.  Finally, I die cut the evergreens using the Evergreens Die in Peapod and Granny Smith cardstock.  I added them to the scene with some foam tape and added Liquid Pearls to them too.  The sentiment is from the Shiny & Bright set. 

Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with some fabulous giveaways! Visit the TE Blog each Sneak Peek Day this week for details on how you can enter to win. 

Thanks for visiting, crafty friends! If you'd like to see more projects and new product information, please head over to the TE Blog for a complete blog roll of our participating designers!

SUPPLIES USED:


  


   


   


1 comment:

Natalie said...

Very pretty card and what a sweet mitten!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails