Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Dreams Come True


Good morning!  Today I have a card to share that uses a fun technique. . .Emboss Resist.  Emboss Resist shows the "underneath" of what is embossed on the card.  I decided I wanted a colorful image, so I started by stamping the sentiments from the Light As a Feather Stamp & Die Combo onto a piece of Sugar Cube cardstock.  Next, I sponged inks onto the sentiments.  I used red, a lime green, purple and blue.  Once I was happy with the color, I stamped and embossed the feathers with clear embossing powder.

Here's where the technique gets really cool!  I covered the cardstock with black ink.  I kept applying black ink until I couldn't see the stamped sentiments underneath.  Next, I wiped the "embossed" feathers with a paper towel to remove the black ink off of the feathers.  The embossing resists the ink and reveals the sentiments and colors beneath!  Cool, right?  I die cut the panel using the Stitched Rectangle Stacklets and wrapped some Silver Twine around the panel.  I stamped pieces of the sentiments on Candy Corn cardstock and vellum to create more of a focal sentiment. As a finishing touch, I added some Rainbow Brights Sequins to add to the color splash!

Thanks for stopping by today and have a great day!

SUPPLIES USED:








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails