Saturday, May 28, 2016

VLV Beautiful You



I am recapping the second sketch for May over on the Viva la Verve Blog!  I hope you've found time to play along with the Viva la Verve Challenges!  We always love to see what you create!!  Maureen had a wonderful sketch out of which I created a shaker card!!  I don't know about you, but I LOVE shaker cards and don't make them enough!

I used the new Beautiful Things set along with the coordinating Beautiful Flowers Die Set.  The papers are from the Sunny Days Ahead Collection from Echo Park.  I used the new Copper Blush Sequin Mix for the shaker.

I stamped and embossed the flowers in white onto a light blue cardstock and then sponged the edges with Distress ink in Tumbled Glass.  You was stamped and embossed onto a piece of black cardstock die cut using the Flag It Die Set.  "Beautiful" was die cut out of gold cardstock and adhered across the flowers.  As a finishing touch, I tied some gold and white baker's twine across the card.

Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful day!!



7 comments:

Becca Yahrling said...

Very pretty - love that it's a shaker!

Gail said...

Shakers are fabulous card creation - your card is outstanding - I am going to work on this sketch today - thanks for the inspiration! Have a blessed week - Thanks for sharing your art work and for the hop -

D- said...

I loVe your beautiful shaker card. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot.com

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, I love this beautiful shaker card, and how clever to use the sketch! What gorgeous colors and DP, and I love the orange scalloped die! Beautifully done! Hugs!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful, Charmaine! Love the shaker and how these colors just pop.

eemel said...

The blue stamp are very pretty! The cards looks great :)

Mary-Anne V said...

Very pretty shaker card. Love the gorgeous colour combo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails