Friday, August 5, 2016

Christmas in July. . .or August!



I was recently introduced to Paperless Post and inspired by their Christmas in July theme. It has been such a popular topic, they've extended it into August to see some great Christmas cards!  I definitely thought it would be fun considering I don't usually make Christmas cards with a summer twist being I live in a place where Christmas is usually cold and snowy!!  :)

I thought about friends and family members who move to warmer climates during that time and looked through my stamp sets to see what I could come up with.  I thought the Campy Christmas set from Taylored Expressions was perfect!!  Look at those adorable little animals complete with their Santa hats!  :)   There is also a coordinating die set available to make cutting out these little cuties even easier!  I started by masking and sponging ink for the "ground" and "sky".  The images were stamped and colored with Copic markers.  Last, I adhered all the pieces to the card using foam tape and stamped the sentiments.  This looks like a pretty festive, summery Christmas to me!  :)

So what do you think Christmas in July (or August) would look like?  The Paperless Post has lots of Christmas inspiration!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you've been inspired!!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails