Saturday, January 31, 2009

Wishing You Comfort

Here's a card I made using the latest Viva La Verve Challenge. If you haven't checked out the challenges, Verve Diva Amber posts a sketch challenge "with a twist" in the Verve forum on SCS every Friday. They're GREAT sketches and it's a lot of fun to play along! Plus, you could win some Verve stamps!

For this sketch, the "twist" was to use embossing. I chose to use the Friends Forever Cuttlebug folder for my background. I just love those flowers. :)

Tomorrow is the Superbowl, and as most of you know, I live in Pittsburgh!!! GO STEELERS!!!! :) This weekend, my husband and I also have a show going up, so there's lots of excitement here! Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Comfort (Verve Stamps); Ink- Onyx Black (Versafine); Paper- Pacific Point, Basic Black (SU), white (Georgia-Pacific); Accessories- Friends Forever Cuttlebug folder (Provocraft), Plain Oval and Scallop Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Water Dew Drops (The Robin's Nest), butterfly punch (Martha Stewart); Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"

9 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Charmaine. Love the colors and the dry embossed BG. TFS!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so pretty Charmaine..hope your show goes well today!!

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome, Charmaine!! I totally need to try this color combo. It's really eye catching! ...I think I need to find that embossing folder too.

Jules said...

Beautiful card! Good luck with the show!!! :) Jules

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is so sweet Charmaine!! I love the blue/black combo!!

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful, Charmaine!! I love the colors, your embossing, butterfly and Dew Drops!!

Hope the show goes well!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty!! :)

Anonymous said...

love black & that shade of blue together!! i bet you are real happy about now since the steelers won the superbowl. my 18 yr old nephew is a huge steelers fan and had a wonderful day today watching the game. it was nice to see him so excited!! he brought out ALL and i mean ALL of his steelers paraphernalia into the tv room and had it spread all over (his way of decorating). it was so cute. he had his blankets over the chairs & sofas and his news clippings (scrapbook pages) all over the shelves and walls. anyhow congrats on your team winning!

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous!! Wow!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails