Friday, September 16, 2011

Happy Fall Y'all!


These aren't typical Fall colors, but since the weather has still felt a little like summer, I was inspired to use some brighter colors with some darker ones mixed in!  I used the tree from the Frightful Night set from Taylored Expressions.  The leaves of the tree were created by using the bats image from the set turned upside and stamped in Fall colors.  The sentiment is from the Autumn Wreath set.  The papers are from the Country Drive Collection from Echo Park, which were in my August Key Ingredients Subscription

I created the flower on the card using the Small Scallop Border Die.  I cut the scallop border out of two-toned paper, scrunched them up, flattened them back out, cut slits along each scallop and then rolled the border and fluffed out the flower at the end.  I love when supplies can be used for something other than what they were intended!  :) 


Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful weekend!  SUPPLIES USED:  Stamps- Frightful Night, Autumn Wreath (Taylored Expressions); Ink- Walnut Stain, Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint Distress Ink (Ranger); Paper- Country Drive Collection (Echo Park);  Accessories- Small Scallop Border Die, Take Note Die 3 (Taylored Expressions); bling (Want2Scrap);  Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"



3 comments:

Karen Giron said...

OH MY WORD! I LOVE this idea! Bats for leaves, it's just brilliant. Love this card - it's darling!

Unknown said...

This is such a fabulous idea Charmaine! When I first saw it I said "Woah. How did she get her leaves to look so water colored?!?" Now I know and I think it's a genius idea! I may just have to copy this gorgeous tree! You are so talented!

Jessie/knightrone said...

You are so clever, and I love the non typical colors... very summer/fallish!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails