Thursday, March 27, 2014

Hello


I was playing with the latest Stamp of the Month from Taylored Expressions, called Take a Spin, and tried using it in a different way.  I tried using it as a background stamp and created a one layer card.  I decided to use black ink to create the "background" and add some red accents later. 

I thought the patterns within the stamp itself would add some interest even when stamped in one color.  The circle is kind of large for a card, so this might work best on a scrapbook page, but it turned out okay for a card.  After I stamped the large circle, I filled in with one of the little circle sentiments.  Next, I used the coordinating die set, Spin It To Win It, and die cut hearts out of the card.  I placed red cardstock behind so that the red would "peek" through the hearts.  The center heart is on foam tape so it stands up a bit.  I finished the card with some red bling and some Baker's Twine. 

This definitely a different way to use this stamp set, but I kinds like how it turned out!  :)   I hope you've been inspired to use your stamps in a non-traditional way!  Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful day!!

SUPPLIES USED:


  
   




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails