Tuesday, December 15, 2015

You Are My Sunshine


Hi there!  I hope your day is off to a great start!  I have a card to share today that uses one of my favorite techniques. . .Inlaid DieCutting.  I just LOVE this technique.  I love the look of it and I love the process of figuring out which dies you use when depending on what you want in the "foreground" and what you want in the "background".

I've used quite a few die sets from Taylored Expressions for my card.  The first die I used was the Stitched Circles Stacklets to create the focal point.  After diecutting the circle from the Sugar Cube cardstock, I die cut it again from Salt Water Taffy cardstock to create a "sky".  The trees were created using the Build a Scene - Trees die set.  The sun and stamped sentiment are from the Sunny Days Stamp & Die Combo.  The little park bench is from the Build a Scene - Central Park die set.

The grass was created using the Build a Scene - Calendar die set.  The grass is not inlaid, however, because I didn't think ahead enough.  I could have inlaid the grass if I had die cut it BEFORE putting the blue circle into the card, but since the die is longer than that little piece, I would have cut into the card base trying to do it after.  :)  The "sunshine" is a die I received as a "thank you" with one of the orders I placed at TE.  I LOVE this die and couldn't wait to use it on this card!  The trickiest part of that die was keeping all of the negative pieces to fit into the letters after I placed the Oreo sunshine into the card.  After all of the pieces were put together, I added a few sequins from the Rainbow Brights Sequins.

I hope you've enjoyed this Inlaid DieCutting Technique!!  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!!

SUPPLIES USED:








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails