Saturday, August 11, 2007

Favorite Part of Summer

Yesterday's Limited Supplies Challenge on SCS, Summer Season, was to make a card celebrating what you loved best about summer. That was an easy choice for me. My favorite holiday has always been the 4th of July. Since my birthday is July 5, when I was little I used to think the fireworks were for my birthday! :) So, for this card I used my Winnefred St. clear stamps from Heidi Grace Designs. These stamps are actually flowers, but I thought they would make great fireworks. I was at Joann's the other day and they have a WHOLE line of Heidi Grace products now. It took me a while to decide WHICH of the clear stamp sets I wanted! You'll probably be seeing more of these stamp sets in the next few days! Hope you like them! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Winnefred St., Heidi Grace Designs; Paper- Whisper White, Basic Black; Ink- VersaMagic in Ocean Depth, Red Magic, Black Midnight; Accessories- paper piercer, slit punch, red and blug grosgrain, polka dot organdy ribbon, Stardust Stickles.

10 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

Awesome challenge card! My favorite holiday is the 4th of July too .... when we celebrate in the Midwest! It is THE MOST boring holiday in Phoenix, AZ!

Shannan Teubner said...

Wow, those flowers look just like fireworks! I love everything about this!!

Shannan Teubner said...

P.S. I added you to my "blogs I read"...hope that's ok with you!

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, as always, I will have to check out my Joann's, Happy Belated Birthday.

Melissa said...

Fabulous! Those flowers worked really well for fireworks! Don't you just love it when a stamp can do double duty?

Linda said...

My husband loves the 4th too (is that a Pittsburgh thing? LOL!), but for different reasons...he loves summer, and it's the CHEAPEST holiday - since he doesn't have to spend money on gifts or decorations. He can watch fireworks for free, perform a concert playing the 1812 Overture...eat lots of cookout food and not worry about clean up!

That card is gorgeous - wouldn't have thought to use flowers...they are GREAT. No Michael's here though...have to drive an hour to Topeka to get there!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great fireworks card. Gorgeous! Hugs

Unknown said...

Super card - they really look like fireworks!!! Very clever! :)

Heather said...

I love the card- I immediately thought "cool fireworks!" I have a 7/4 b-day friend and he thought the fireworks were for him!

Rochelle W said...

Very very pretty. I love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails