Wednesday, March 5, 2008

You Made Me Smile Today


Did you ever have one of those days when you had too much on your mind and too many things to do to even BEGIN to be creative? That was me yesterday. Then Beate sent me a picture of a card she made for her Be Inspired Challenge and it totally made me smile. I've been wanting to try the Chalkboard Technique Beate wrote for Splitcoast last week, so this seemed the perfect opportunity. I used the Sending Happy Thoughts set and the sentiment from Thankful Blossoms by Verve Visual. I added some lines and dots with my white gel pen. The centers of the flowers are either rhinestone brads or plain rhinestones. It's a very "sparkly" card in real life. Thanks, Beate, for inspiring me and for making me smile! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Sending Happy Thoughts (SU), Thankful Blossoms (Verve Visual); Ink- Craft White (SU) Paper- Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi (SU), pink (DCWV); Accessories- Stampin' Pastels, white gel pen, 1" circle punch, ribbon (Darice), rhinestone brads, rhinestones

27 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

this is so pretty.

Broni said...

What a beautiful card! It made me smile!!

Melissa said...

So sweet C!!

Many Blessings,
M.

Anonymous said...

Charmaine, I am glad I could do that for you! Hopefully tomorrow you get another smile on your face because of something that's on it's way to you!

Your card looks fantastic! Best Chalkboard card I have seen so far (including mine). You are amazing!
{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}

Marja Sch said...

You did wonderful on this tutorial. I love your colours. Hugs Marja

Janine said...

Charmaine -
This is just so nice. The colors are beautiful.

Lorie said...

Beautiful...I can see why it would make you smile!

Libby Hickson said...

This turned out gorgeous, the inspiration definitely worked! :-)

Catherine said...

Just gorgeous!

Donna Baker said...

WOW! this is one sweet card!! I love all the flower center bling & the chalkboard on chocolate chip is awesome! I'm so bummed I got rid of my chalks now - plan to borrow a friend's soon

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so cute and fun!!! I love it!!!

Alex said...

Oooh, your challenge card turned out beautifully Charmaine!! I am glad to hear you are smiling again!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Alex said...

Oooh, your challenge card turned out beautifully Charmaine!! I am glad to hear you are smiling again!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Michele Kovack said...

I am totally a bling gal, so this is right up my alley!!! Gorgeous!

Nancy Riley said...

Fantastic colors ... gorgeous card! Brilliant design, Charmaine!

Anonymous said...

it does make you smile!

jjcreations said...

This is beautiful, you've brightened up the brown marvelously. You also bring smiles to people's faces, and you're an inspiration too. Thanks, Joan

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Absolutely gorgeous.Love the chalks.!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow I LOOOVE IT!!!.
It is gorgious!!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Wowza!!! LOVE this and will have to try this soon!

Jessica Smith said...

wow amazing job love the colors.

Latisha said...

was this techinque hard? I hate trying new things and then hating what I made, so I like to hear what other people think about it first. Oh by the way Super Walmart now carries the cuddlekids stuff & the dies are from $3.97 to $6.97 and the most expensive one I saw was the alphabet set for $12. I was so happy to see them yesterday!

Tracey said...

I love the different colors on this! How did you keep them from blending and getting muddy? Did you mask as you chalked? Thanks! ~:-)

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful job with the technique!! I love the colors!!

Juanita B said...

I am happy that you were inspired and had the opportunity to create. What a sensational creation! I love the way the white ink actually looks like chalk. TFS.

JenMarie said...

GORGEOUS!!! Amazing color combo!

Anonymous said...

awesome colours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails