Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Clearly Size

This card was for Amy's Clearly Size Matters Dirty Dare Challenge. The challenge was to make a 3 1/4" x 6 1/5" card and to incorporate something clear into it. I started with the window. I attached acetate behind the window and stamped the sentiment on the acetate with Jet Black StazOn. The flowers are stamped inside the card in Red Riding Hood. The other clear thing I used was the buttons. I tied some polka dot organdy ribbon through the buttons to embellish them a little more. For a finishing touch, I added faux stitching all around the card. The stamp set used was Serenity from Verve Stamps. If you haven't been by the Verve Forums at SCS, come join in the Anni-VERVE-sary! There are sketch challenges posted every day, sneak peeks of the Beautiful You set coming August 12, and you can win free stamps!! So please stop by and join in the fun! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Serenity (Verve Stamps); Paper- Red Riding Hood, Basic Black (SU),acetate; Ink- Jet Black StazOn, Red Riding Hood (SU); Accessories- clear buttons (Foofala), polka dot organdy ribbon (May Arts), paper piercer, Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Finished card measures 3.25"x6.5".

21 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

This is just amazing! Your creativity and imagination are just beyond me!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card...truely amazing! fantastic work!

Melissa said...

Fabulous Charmaine!

Many Blessings,
M.

Alex said...

This is beautiful Charmaine!! I love the colors!! Off to see what else I missed while I was gone! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

WHAT a BEAUTIFUL card! Love it!

Jackie Pedro said...

I LOOOOOVE this card!! It's just beautiful!

jjcreations said...

Wow, I haven't been here for so long..I've missed it. You've created some fantastic projects in the past while - as usual!!!!! I love the distressed silhouette and that little surfing penguin is adorable. Joan

jonisart said...

Love that window, its beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh Charmaine,
That is lovely. I rarely read all the recipe details however today I read and reread. Oh to get to my desk to recreate. The ideas are floating around in my brain. Elegant.

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my word, how pretty!! Love how you stamped the flower on the inside and the sentiment on the acetate. Love it!!

Christi Flores said...

Wow! This is fantastic!!!

Deborah said...

Clearly gorgeous! This card is just so cool with the window and acetate! Love that new SU! red! Bug hugs! Deb

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so gorgeous Charmaine!! I love it!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

beautiful! I love the clear buttons with the ribbon!! :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is gorgeous Charmaine!! I love the acetate overlay!! And the red/black is stunning!! WOW!!

Michelle L. said...

Your card is stunning! I love the polka dot ribbon through the clear buttons.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Charmaine! The acetate makes is just so pretty! :)

Bethany Paull said...

That window is fab! Along with the trio of buttons.

Erum Tasneem said...

This is beautiful! Love the touch of clear buttons... just added the right amount of spice to the card!

Rose Ann said...

This is just beautiful!! I love the acetate and pretty buttons! Wonderful!!

Shelly said...

I just found your blog and subscribed Charmaine, beautiful acetate card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails