Saturday, January 3, 2009

Viva la Verve

There's a new challenge in town! Awesome Verve Diva Amber will be hosting a weekly challenge in the Verve Forum on SCS called Viva la Verve. Here is my card for the first challenge, a sketch with a twist. The twist was to use hardware. I dusted off one of my favorite Verve sets that hasn't been used in a while. . .Thankful Blossoms. I used the Raspberry Tart Designer Series paper and some Purely Pomegranate. I colored the butterfly using Rose Red, Regal Rose and Old Olive markers. I had some pink rhinestone brads that matched perfectly to use as hardware.

Why don't you give the sketch challenge a try? Be sure and look for a new challenge each Friday! And don't forget, sneak peeks for the new Verve release start on Monday, January 5th! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Thankful Blossoms (Verve Stamps); Ink- Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Paper- Raspberry Tart DS, Purely Pomegranate (SU); Accessories- circle punch, Regal Rose, Rose Red and Old Olive markers (SU), Super Jumbo scallop circle punch (Marvy Uchida), rhinestone brads (Darice), Cotton Candy Stickles; Finished card measures 4.25"x 5.5"

15 comments:

Karen said...

Very pretty! Love the colors.

the whimsical butterfly said...

GASP! It's a pink butterfly card!!! Wow, this is absolutely GORGEOUS! looking forward to Amber's challenges!!!

Rose Ann said...

I love your pretty butterfly, and those papers!! What a fun layout too!! Wonderful card, Charmaine!!

Stamp Talk with Tosh said...

Oh so beautiful Charmaine!! I love the colors!!

Nancy said...

I love those colors! Very pretty card!

Deborah said...

Lovely card to start off the new year! Hugs to the bugs! Deb

Jessie/knightrone said...

Completely fabulous!!! I love that paper!!

Amber said...

I'm loving this Charmaine! That paper is DIVINE and the butterfly is beautiful:)

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous card Charmaine! Your dp is beautiful as is your butterfly!!

Alex said...

Happy New Year Charmaine!! I hope your holidays were wonderful!

Your card is absolutely gorgeous - love the vibrant colors!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Stephanie Hargis said...

This is beautiful! I love the butterfly with that paper! You did such a fantastic job girl!

((hugs))

WELCOME to my blog, Explore. Dream. Discover. said...

So nice an springy! Hope you have been doing well, Charmaine! Happy New Year!

Joan said...

This is so wonderful - bright and colourful and I love the papers. Joan

i {heart} papers said...

I love the colors! Thanks for posting.

E.T said...

GORGEOUS! You have used such lovely colours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails