Thursday, April 12, 2012

Make It Monday - Creating Flowers With Leaf Dies


This week's Make It Monday Challenge at Papertrey Ink is to Create Flowers With Leaf Dies.  In the "details" of challenge, it said "your project must use at least one Papertrey product and must include a die-cut flower made with a non-flower die".  So, even though the title of the challenge was to create a flower with a leaf die, I went with the "fine print" and simply used a non-flower die.  Hopefully, I'm still within the challenge boundaries!  :)  If not, it was fun to create this flower anyway. 

So, what die did I use?  Well, I went way out on a limb (crazy, even) and created this flower using the Mega Halloween Treats and Sweets Die Collection.  I started by diecutting the "spider legs" in True Black cardstock and rolling them to create a "stamen" for the flower.  Next, I die cut the "bat wings" out of Pure Poppy cardstock, curled them and kept wrapping them around the "stamen" until I liked the fullness of the flower.  Last, I die cut the "bat ears" in Ripe Avocado cardstock and attached them to flower as the leaves.  I don't even know if this type of flower exists, but it was fun to make anyway!  :) 

I created the little box using the Favor It Box #2 Die.  I die cut some Kraft cardstock using the Edgers #1 Die Collection and trimmed it to fit the box.  I stamped a sentiment from the Signature Series: Dress Form set onto the Kraft cardstock before adhering to the box.  Last, I tied some ribbon to the handle.  You can see more entries for this week's challenge here.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!  SUPPLIES USED:  Stamps- Signature Series: Dress Form (PTI); Ink- Onyx Black (Versafine); Paper- Harvest Gold, Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado, True Black , Kraft (PTI);  Accessories- Edgers #1 Die Collection, Mega Halloween Treats and Sweets Die Collection, Favor It Box #2 Die (PTI); 



3 comments:

WinterBerry Glen said...

Well, this kind of flower exists now!!!! Love how you came up with it and how you used those spider legs to make the center of the flower. Fantastic!

Teresa Kline said...

this is the cutest little bag, luv the flower, so sweet!

enjoy *~*

Cassi said...

love your flower, it is too cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails