Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Negative Die Cutting


Hi there!  I have a card to share with you today that uses a technique I don't use often enough!  It's called Negative Die Cutting.  It basically means that instead of using the piece that the die cuts out, you use the piece that the "cut out" came from, or the negative.  I forgot how simple this technique is and how awesome the results can be!

For my card, I used the Bloomers 1 Die set and the Bloomers Greenery Die set from Taylored Expressions.  I started with a piece of Sugar Cube cardstock and lined up my dies in the desired position, then ran it through my Big Shot.  Next I stamped a sentiment from the Simply Stamped - Sunflowers set.  I decided I wanted a little more interest on that panel, so I partially embossed it using the Lots of Dots Embossing Folder and my ScorPal.  Once I finished that panel, I placed it on top of my card base and marked where I would need the different colors of cardstock to be so they would show through the die cut windows.  I used Lollipop, Granny Smith and Candy Corn, cut them and adhered them to the card base.  Finally, I added foam tape to the die cut panel and placed it on the card base so that the cardstocks lined up with the corresponding die cut window.  To give it a little sparkle, I added some Rainbow Bright Sequins to the flower centers and then some of Taylor's Tiny Twinkles on top of those.

I hope you've been inspired to give this technique a try if you haven't!  I promise you'll start to use it more!!  :)  Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!

SUPPLIES USED:








1 comment:

Ardyth said...

So pretty and fresh! This would work for Muse Card Club, if you'd like to link up there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails