Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Amy's Make a Card For Mom Sketch


This is a card I made for Amy's Make a Card For Mom Sketch. I used to LOVE when Amy had her Super Sketch Sundays, so when I saw a sketch challenge on her blog, I HAD to do it! :) She challenged us to make a card using our favorite patterned paper. You know, the stuff that we would usually hoard. She challenged us to cut into it and make a special card for our mom. I absolutely LOVE this paper from Scribble Scrabble's Felicity Collection. Julee sent it to us with the stamps for her last release. . .and I just LOVE it! I have to get more because this was the last piece of my favorite pattern in the collection! What's funny is that even though this is my favorite patterned paper (with the earth tones and daisies), it would not be my mother's favorite. My mother loves pastels and very dainty looking patterns. She'd think this was cute, but she wouldn't go ga ga over it, know what I mean? Thanks for the challenge, Amy!
Oh, and just a reminder about the Vervalicious Inspiration Challenge. Entries are due by April 22, and a random winner will receive $15 in Verve Bucks to spend at Verve! Check out the daily posts by the design team to see what they've created from this inspiration piece.Thank you all for stopping by today! Have a great day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Thankful Blossoms (Verve Visual); Paper- Felicity Collection (Scribble Scrabble), Really Rust (SU), gold (DCWV); Ink- Burnt Umber (Palette), Really Rust (SU); Accessories- More Mustard and Really Rust markers (SU), paper piercer, rust organdy ribbon (Darice), slit punch, key tag punch (SU)

11 comments:

Alex said...

This is really really cute!! I love that paper and the scallops look great - what a wonderful mom card, Charmaine!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Dawn Easton said...

This is beautiful Charmaine! I can see why you love this DP so much and need more ;)

jjcreations said...

Very nice. I like the little butterfly. Joan

Jenn in GA said...

love that felicity paper! sometimes a background paper really sets up a fabulous design...and we all know you have great design sense, girl!

speaking of moms, how is your husband's mom doing?

Juanita B said...

Hmm, I thought I commented on this post before I did the others.
Okay, I love this card it has such beautiful colors and the layout is so nice, TFS.

Janine said...

Gorgeous!! No wonder you love that paper so much!!

Amy said...

Hi Charmaine! I love your card! Thanks so much for playing along with the sketch. I think I need to bring back Super Sketch Sunday, don't I????? That might be fun...thanks for the vote of confidence!

Hugs,
AMy

Renee said...

Very very cute! I love everything about it!

Jessie/knightrone said...

I love that paper too!!! This is so super cute!!!

Carolyn King said...

what a cool challenge---love what you came up with too! Beautiful dp! Beautiful card!

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful papers and colors! I especially love your butterfly and sheer ribbon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails