Saturday, April 19, 2008

Wedding Day

This is a project I made for Papertrey Ink's Guest Star Stamper contest using the Wedding Day set. It's a Wedding Planner Box. Inside, there is a card for each month of year. My idea was that a bride could jot down things she needed to do each month in preparation for her wedding. For the box, I used a template that I bought at Oriental Trading. The inside cards were cut to fit in the box and I just rounded the corners. I used the swiss dots ribbon as tabs for each card. I had a lot of fun making this box and was lucky enough (and VERY excited) to have received an Honorable Mention for it! There were A LOT of gorgeous projects submitted for the contest. . .you should go and check them out! I still keep going back looking at all of the ideas! Thanks for stopping by today and have a beautiful day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Wedding Day (Papertrey Ink); Paper- Stamper's Select white and Berry Sorbet (Papertrey Ink); Ink- Onyx Black (Versafine), Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush (Papertrey Ink); Accessories- circle and scallop circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Swiss Dots Ribbon (Papertrey Ink), box template (Oriental Trading), corner rounder.

25 comments:

Melissa said...

I loved this when I seen it on Capture the Moment. Excellent work Charmaine and awesome idea!

Many Blessings,
M.

Barbara Schram said...

Oh, I saw this over at papertreyink! Congratualtions, I love this concept and your design is sooo nice. Whoever gets this will be elated I'm sure, as they prepare for their wedding day.

Lauren (mytime) said...

YEAH! Congrats on the HM. The set was a really sweet idea!!! All that ribbon used-I would die! LOL!

Donna Baker said...

I know! it's so nice, Charmaine! It's so many times you got honorable mention, I bet you're itching to win and probably will some day - keep pluggin' away because you have such unique ideas & they're always wonderfully executed!

Keri said...

That is so cute and something the bride to be can definitely use!!!! I wasn't as crafty when I got married and could have used somethingn like that! :)

Alex said...

This is absolutely beautiful Charmaine - what a nice gift and I LOVE the colors you chose!! That ribbon is yummy, just love everything about this!
*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Michele Kovack said...

Congrats on the mention! What an incredible idea! It is quite lovely and I am sure the bride you will give it to will love it!

Lorie said...

This is definitely a wonderful set. So pretty and wedding like! Great job!

Anonymous said...

How neat! That came out wonderfully!!!

Bonnie said...

This is so beautifully useful! Gorgeous design and, of course, those colours are awesome!

Latisha said...

I saw this when Nichole posted it on her blog. Its a very pretty set, you deserve all of the kudos >"<

Mollie said...

How beautiful and what a great idea!

Carolyn King said...

You rock Charmaine--this is just the cutest idea..love the little ribbon pulls! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest thing EVER! I love your idea...that ribbon makes such great little tabs! I LOVE IT! TFS :D

Anonymous said...

Wow! Awesome idea! Congrats on the honorable mention! You deserve it.
Hugs and smiles

Dawn Easton said...

Congratulations Charmaine! What a fabulous gift this would be for a bride to be!!

Rose Ann said...

I love this project, Charmaine!! Congratulations on your honorable mention!!

Sandy Knecht said...

That's beautiful and so creative. Lucky bride!

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Loved this project, very cute (and useful!).

Stephanie Hargis said...

This is such a great idea! I wish that i would have had something like this back in July when I was getting married! Of course, back in July I had never even held a rubber stamp in my hand! :O I know! How ridiculous is that??? Thanks for sharing this! I love it!

Shanismom said...

Beautiful...congrats on the honorable mention.

Unknown said...

YEA!!! LOVE this idea and your execution is just beautiful!! A well deserved Honorable Mention!! Congrats! :)

Juanita B said...

Ooooooh, this is beautiful and such an excellent idea!! I know a bride to be that could really use it. Congratulations for your Honorable Mention! TFS and blessing my day.

Jennifer Buck said...

This is just beautiful! I love it! Congratulations on your honorable mention you so desereve it! TFS ;)

Bethany Paull said...

I've been meaning to tell you how much I LOVE this project since I saw it on Nichole's blog. Congrats.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails