Sunday, June 10, 2007

Dollar Stamps

I was shopping at Target yesterday and found such cute things at the dollar spot! There were stamp sets, paper, punch out packs, punches and all kinds of embellishments. I ended up getting some paper, two punches and a couple stamp sets. Here's what I made with the one stamp set. Four stamps come in the set, but I only used two. The little flowers in the bottom right corner of the card were made with one of the punches I found. Both punches make such cute, little flowers. I added copper glitter glue to the centers of the stamped flowers for some sparkle and some interest. The card was looking a little plain to me. I used the layout from this GORGEOUS card that Beate sent me. Can you believe the birdies on this card? They are colored so perfectly that they look like you can actually feel their soft feathers. Beate, you just amaze me with the things you create. You rock! :) Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful Sunday! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Target dollar spot; Ink- Bashful Blue, VersaMagic Wheat and Aegean Blue; Paper- DCWV dark brown and cream, white from Papertrey Ink, patterned paper from Target dollar spot; Accessories- $1 flower punch, Copper brads from Making Memories, copper glitter glue, Word Window punch, May Arts ribbon.

12 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

$ finds are fun. Love your blue and brown flower card, those little punches are great. The embossed background on your second card is fantastic.

Michele Kovack said...

Love your card made with those dollar stamps! ANd lucky you getting a card from Beate!

Mandey Koehler said...

It is amazing what you can find at the dollar area!! Looks great! Thanks for the comments left on my blog. I am trying to be more creative and you have inspired me!! Keep up the good work!!!

Linda said...

I guess I'll have to hit the one spot this week...though I have really sworn off buying stamping and scrapping stuff after my last bill from TAC ($192 - EEEK!!!) - but it's discontinued time...AND I got to be hostess AND got 3 half-price items....

This time next week, I'll be in the 'Burgh! We'll have to schedule a Zoo date!

Rose Ann said...

What a great find at Target...and your card looks so pretty!

That's a gorgeous RAK from Beate as well!

Anonymous said...

Don't ya just love the dollar spot at Target. I got that stamp too. Haven't used it yet though.
Very cute card!

Sherrie said...

You do wonderful things with those cute little stamps! What a masterpiece of inspiration you had to work with!

snarflemarfle said...

What? What? What? Stamps and stuff in the Dollar Spot? I didn't see any of that yesterday. But I'll be going back this week because we need more diapers...

Pam Speidel said...

Love the colors you've used on this card Charmaine! And I'm going to have to see if our Target has these cute stamps. One can never have too many *smile* stamps you know! :)

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

What a find! Darling card!
~Angie

Soguesswhat11 said...

Wow, i'ts amazing what you can find at that Target dollar spot! Great creation! And you're right, that bird card from Beate is really nice - shading is amazing, isn't it? Gives true meaning to the word "art." Thanks for sharing your stuff!

Jami Speidel said...

I checked out our Target and got some awesome things too! Paper, punches, ribbon, embellishments, etc. But, they didn't have any stamp sets! Dang!!! Thanks for the great tip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails