Sunday, December 16, 2007

For Mom

I made this set of notecards for my mother for her birthday. I haven't given them to her yet, so I hope she doesn't read this post today! LOL My mother LOVES pretty notecards. She especially loves pastel colors. I should have made this in pinks or peaches (her favorite), but I had this color combo in my head when I looked at my VersaMagic Dew Drops. I'm sure she'll like this as well, but I still might make her another set. After all, you ALWAYS need notecards, right? Anyway, I made this set for her last week and thought (since it's made with Papertrey Ink stamps) that I'd submit it for the Guest Star Stamper contest at Papertrey Ink. . .and I got an Honorable Mention! How cool is that? What a WONDERFUL surprise! So, hopefully my mom will give them an Honorable Mention too! :) Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Beautiful Blooms, Ambassador Monogram set (Papertrey Ink); Paper- Whisper White (SU), chocolate, tan (DCWV); Ink- Wheat, Sahara Sand, Sage (VersaMagic), Burnt Umber (Palette); Accessories- cream organdy ribbon, Martha Stewart Brownstone glitter, Nestabilities small square, ticket corner punch.

24 comments:

Donna Baker said...

I think it's just LOVELY, love the stamping around the monogram on the card base!!! Your mom will adore them, I'm sure! Who wouldn't? thanks for sharing your awesome idea...going into my faves

Carolyn King said...

THe most beautiful set----so deserving of the honorable mention---your mom will love them! What a sweet and thoughful gift.

Janine said...

These are beautiful Charmaine. Your Mom will love them.

Julie Campbell said...

Yeah Charmaine!!! This is such a BEAUTIFUL set of cards! Congrats on your HM! I love how you masked your notecards!

Jami Speidel said...

This color combo is gorgeous! I'm sure she will absolutely love them! Very pretty!

Niki Estes said...

Love your card set! Beautiful job and I'm sure she'll love them!

Unknown said...

Congratulations my dear! I was so excited to see your name up there! It came out SO nicely! Well done my friend!

Jenn in GA said...

i saw this at the ink pad gallery and love it! i want to try to get something like this worked up for my sil, mil, mom and sis this week. i'm so ambitious at the last minute, but it takes me most of dec. to get in the holiday spirit. nice work; kudos!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the honorable mention! And I can see why you got that award....this is fabulous! Love the color combo. Great job!

Dawns Stamping Shop said...

ning girlie .. So how are you and the little one doing ?
Hope all is going great ..
xoxox
Dawn griffith

Bethany Paull said...

WooHoo! Way to go on the Hon. Mention. This is a truly beautiful set.

Christi Flores said...

Awesome Charmaine!! Congrats on the honorable mention! These are beautiful!! I'm sure your mother will love them. :)

Nancy Riley said...

Charmaine, this notecard set is top notch! So professional looking ... no wonder it received Honorable Mention! Your mom is going to love it too!!! Congratulations !!!!

Anonymous said...

They are so elegant! So lovely. You should have won first! ;)
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the "Honorable Mention" The note Cards are just awesome. Did you also make your mom the envelopes for the note cards?

Do you have just a quick tutorial on making note cards. Silly question I know, but I haven't made them before and am not sure. Does everyone of your note cards have the lovely ribbon around it? Did you make a note card holder? If so, How?

Well, again a wonderful project and I know your mom has to be so proud of all the beautiful items you make and especially the ones she receives.....Hugs,
Debi

JenMarie said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Sharon Harnist said...

Beautiful project, Charmaine -- I'm sure your Mom will love it! Congrats on the honorable mention!

Soguesswhat11 said...

this is a wonderful project! I sure love what you did here - very sophisticated and fresh and natural. Love it!

Kim Mraz said...

congrats on your HM, so well deserved, your set is absolutely lovely :)

Lauren (mytime) said...

YEAH!! Congrats on the mention! I thought it was a "winner". Just gorgeous! I almost did the masking thing too-LOL! Great minds........
Your whole set is just jaw droping~

Heather said...

Congrats on honorable mention! these notecards are to die for!

Rose Ann said...

Congratulations!! That is such a stunning set, and your Mom will love them!!

Laura Roth said...

Very classy cards! Love the monogram part :)

Kristine said...

I Love these!! Very pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails