Saturday, May 24, 2008

Buttons

One of the challenges I issued Thursday night at the Paper Pretties release was to use buttons on your card. I LOVE buttons, but I rarely use them on cards. I don't know why. Here is that chick again from One of Those Days. This time I paper pieced the egg to match the patterned paper. I shaded a bit on the patterned paper of the egg to give it some depth. I used the Punches Plus Brass template to emboss the oval for the sentiment, then punched it out with the large oval punch and stamped the sentiment. The buttons are from Doodlebug Designs and available in the Pretties Boutique. Thanks for stopping by today! Have a beautiful Saturday! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- One of Those Days (Paper Pretties); Paper- patterned paper (Nana's Nursery Stack, DCWV), white (Georgia-Pacific), Gable Green (SU); Ink- Onyx Black (Versafine); Accessories- Scallop circle and plain circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), large oval punch, Punches Plus Brass template (SU), buttons (Doodlebug Designs), ribbon (Offray), Copic markers.

17 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

This is so adorable! And I just love that image & sentiment, it's just too funny. I think I need to add it to my "want to order eventually" list (which seems to be never-ending, btw!).

Jennifer Buck said...

Charmaine, this is just about the cutest thing ever! LOVE it! TFS...hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

Lorie said...

I loved the other card you made with this stamp and this one is super cute too! Sometimes you feel like just covering up and ignoring everything huh? :o)

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous card, definitely an image on my list!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Hey girl! Sorry I ahve not been by in forever-you know I've had my hands full! Your uploads since my last visit are all just amazing! One after the next! Keep up the awesome eye candy!

Melissa said...

Absolutely lovely Charmaine!

Many Blessings,
M.

jjcreations said...

This is so pretty and funny at the same time. I giggle everytime I see this poor little chick. The kindergarten teacher has had chicks in her room recently....all pecking to get out....frontwards!!! LOL. Joan

Anonymous said...

That stamp is just too cute! I love what you did with it and how you used the button on the bottom!
I hope you are having a great weekend.
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE your paper pieced egg! What a darling card.

Christi Flores said...

This is too cute!! I love that paper and those buttons are adorable!!

Dawn Easton said...

So cute Charmaine...that image is adorable!

CreativeMish said...

I have had one of those days! This stamp set is adorable! I love the colors you chose!

Rose Ann said...

This is so cute!! I love your paper piecing and buttons!! Adorable!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is just too cute!! You did a fabulous job with all the challenges!! Thanks for everything!!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

OH my word I love this stamp set! This chick coming out backwards is just so stinking cute!

Unknown said...

I just LOVE this card! The paper is great - the colors and layout, just wonderful! :)

Bethany Paull said...

Oooh! I never use buttons either. Good challenge. And great card! I love that polka dotted egg. So cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails