Saturday, December 19, 2009

Merry Christmas

I am loving playing around with the Holiday Button Bits set from Papertrey Ink. I just loved the little Santa and wanted to find a way to incorporate an ornament into a card so that the cutest little button Santa wouldn't go to waste! LOL So, I made the ornament by attaching gold ribbon in between pieces of cardstock. I didn't want to use a glue dot or anything like that in case it would tear the ornament when it was removed. I finally tried these photo corners and they worked perfectly. . .at least I hope so. I'm hoping they remained intact through the mailing process. :)






The card itself is very simple. A square of Scarlet Jewel cardstock to mount the ornament on, then two scored lines across the bottom of the card, made with my Scor-Pal. I made a couple extra ornaments to hang on our tree because I thought they were so cute. I'm even thinking about making ornaments with the other adorable images in the set. . . I know my girls would LOVE to help!

I just wanted to share one of my Christmas cards with you! I'm still working on sending cards out. I am really behind this year, but that is my goal for today. . .to get my remaining cards in the mail!

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! We woke up to a BEAUTIFUL snow day! The snow is falling and adding to the few inches that fell over night. . .and we're inside a warm and cozy home watching from under blankets! That's my FAVORITE thing to do when it's snowing, and it's even better with kids! Savannah woke up this morning and rushed downstairs to tell me to look out the window. . .how precious! I do have to say that I'm glad I don't have to drive in it. Today is also the day that Santa comes through the neighborhood on the firetruck to "check" on all the kids. About 15 minutes before he "arrives", a police car drives through the neighborhood announcing that Santa's on his way! The kids get SO excited! Savannah thinks he might have to bring his sleigh today with all the snow we have! LOL Well, thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Holiday Button Bits (PTI); Ink- Onyx Black (Versafine); Paper- Scarlet Jewel, Kraft (PTI); Accessories- button (PTI), circle and scallop circle punches (Marvy Uchida), ribbon (Darice), photo corners; Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"

8 comments:

Daniela Dobson said...

This is so cute!

Danni said...

What a neat idea! Very clever

Jodi Collins said...

I am playing with this set RIGHT now! Thanks for the inspiration Charmaine! This, as usual, ROCKS!!!

Annie said...

OMG, this is SUPER awesome!!! I love it!

Unknown said...

That is soooo cute!!!! Gret for co-workers.

Michele Kovack said...

What a great idea!!! Very cute!

Moriah said...

I love this set too! What a cute way to include an ornament with the card. Thanks so much for sharing this idea.

Moriah said...

I love this set too! Thanks so much for sharing this idea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails