Friday, April 8, 2011

Make It Monday - Heat Embossing

I didn't think I was going to be able to play along in this week's Make It Monday Challenge at Papertrey Ink, but I found a few quiet moments during nap time to create this card.  I went very simple by using clear embossing powder on black cardstock to make the frame from the Mat Stack 4 Collection stand out. 

I then stamped the thicker flower from Spiral Bouquet in Fresh Snow ink and overstamped the line art image of the same flower in Onyx Black ink.  I stamped the frame and sentiment from the Mat Stack 4 Collection and cut it out and mounted it with foam adhesive across the frame.

I scored the very edges of three of the sides of the True Black cardstock using my ScorBuddy.  I die cut the bottom edge using the Edger's 1 Collection.  I scored the very bottom edge of the cardbase with my ScorBuddy before adhering the black cardstock piece to the card front. 

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

cards by cara said...

Love this! You did a great job with the embossing. I am going to tackle my own creation this weekend ...

Anonymous said...

Oooh... I REALLY like how you did the embossing. It looks really nice in black. Thanks for sharing :)

Dawn Easton said...

Charmaine, this is GORGEOUS!

Beate said...

Another amazing card, Charmaine! Everything you create is beautiful!
Hugs and smiles

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails