Friday, October 30, 2015

Tis the Season



Hi there!   I have a card to share today that uses the new 3x4 Watercolor Panels-Christmas from Taylored Expressions.  I always LOVE the look of watercolor, but I don't watercolor very often.  These panels make it very easy!!  The image is already there for you and it's already watercolor paper, so all you have to do is watercolor!!

I started by masking all of the snow with Fineline Masking Fluid.  That way, I could watercolor and not have to worry about getting the color on the snow.  The second thing I did was color the word "Season" with a size 0 paint brush.  Next was the sky!  I used a few colors of blue and the mixing of some of them resulted in that pretty purple you see.  Last I painted the trees.  Once the panel was dry, I rubbed off the masking fluid to reveal the white snow and coated it with Icicle Stickles to give it lots of sparkle.  I embossed a piece of Chocolate Truffle cardstock with the Nordic Holiday Embossing Folder.  As a finishing touch, I tied some ribbon around the card as well as some Silver Metallic Twine.

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you've having a wonderful day!

SUPPLIES USED:








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails