Monday, May 12, 2008

Can I Have Your Autograph?



I made this card to look like one of the stars on Hollywood's Walk of Fame. Hope it gives that feel. I used Stampin' Up's large star punch and the Double Ended Tag dies from Spellbinders. The stamp set is Great Expectations by Verve Visual. At first I scored the lines, but they didn't stick out enough, so I traced them with a gold gel pen. I thought this card would be perfect for a cousin performing in their first high school musical.

Be sure and check out the Verve Visual blog tomorrow for your first sneak peek of the new sets releasing this Friday, May 16th! I'm just warning you. . .you'll LOVE them! On a personal note, my husband and I are going out tonight for Mother's Day. We spent all day yesterday visiting our mothers/grandmothers, so my husband's taking me out as my gift. I'm so excited since we rarely get to go out without kids! Thanks for stopping by today and have a great day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Great Expectations (Verve Visual); Paper- Basic Black, Kraft (SU), gold (DCWV); Ink- Onyx Black (Versafine); Accessories- Double Ended Tag dies (Spellbinders), gold gel pen, large star punch (SU), gold brads (Making Memories)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great card! I am sure your cousin will get a kick out of it.
Have a wonderful time with your husband tonight!
Hugs and smiles

Lorie said...

What a great idea for a card! Wish I would have thought about this for my son about 4 years ago! Have a great time at dinner tonight! :o)

Latisha said...

Have a wonderful evening out!

jjcreations said...

You've made the perfect card for your occasion. It's awesome!!! Joan

Jenn said...

VERY clever! Love the sidewalk lines and great use of the new tag die!

Deborah said...

Cool card Charmaine! Have a well deserved evening out with you DH! Hugs to the bugs,Deb

Melanie said...

hip hip hurray! I just saw you won Michelle's blog candy!! :D

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so cool!! I love it!!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

Beautiful! :)

Alex said...

This is an awesome card, I am sure you cousin will LOVE it! Have a great time out tonight!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Melissa said...

Fabulous Charmaine!

Many Blessings,
M.

Janine said...

Have a great dinner... Love this card too. Very elegant...

Christi Flores said...

This is adorable!! Awesome! Have a fun night out with your hubby!

Dawn Easton said...

Wonderful card Charmaine! I'm so excited to see what Verve Visual has coming!!!
Enjoy your evening out ;)

Rose Ann said...

This is so cool!! I think you've got the look dead on, girl!! Awesome!!

Heather said...

Very nice! Turned out great!!

Jennifer Buck said...

Cute! I love this! TFS :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails