Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Center of Attention Product Spotlight - Impressabilities

This month's Product Spotlight at Taylored Expressions is on Impressabilities templates from Spellbinders! I have two cards to share with you today using the Floral & Stone Template.

My favorite thing to do with any template is to dry emboss. I just LOVE the look of it and it's simple to do. My favorite thing to do with these particular templates is to letterpress. Not only does it deboss the image, but it adds ink at the same time giving you a textured, patterned paper!









For my first card, I took the template and put it on scrap paper.



I took a black ink pad and pressed the pad all over the template to get complete coverage.









Next I put a piece of plain white cardstock over the inked template.







I made my Cuttlebug sandwich from the bottom up:

Plate A
Plate B
Template
Cardstock
Tan Embossing Mat
Plate B
2-3 pieces of cardstock to act as a shim.



Roll sandwich through Cuttlebug and remove template.




Now you have your textured, patterned paper!







Trim and add to your card and finish!
















The second card I have for you uses Maya Mist with the template. Specifically I used Iridescent Pearl. All I did was take my patterned paper and lay the template over top. I sprayed the Iridescent Pearl Maya Mist over top and then dabbed with a paper towel before removing the template. It takes your patterned paper to a whole new level! It becomes almost like a hologram. Using this on just plain cardstock is also a great effect! With a light, pearlescent color like this one, it is stunning on dark cardstock.




These templates come in a variety of patterns and they are very affordable at $6.99! In fact, they are even more affordable since each of the Center of Attention products will be on sale for a limited time following our product spotlight (February 16-17). There is a 15% discount on all Impressabilities templates at Taylored Expressions!
Be sure to visit the other members of the Baker's Dozen who are spotlighting these templates:
Thanks for stopping by and have a GREAT day!

9 comments:

Taylor said...

These are both fabulous, Charmaine! I love how you added the pearl spray over the top of patterned paper...so pretty! And I love the elegant look of the letterpress in black and white!

Karen Giron said...

Charmaine! These are gorgeous! Love the elegance of the b&w card and you are genius to spritz the impressabilities over patterned paper - that looks amazing!

Karen Motz said...

I'm in awe of what you've done with the Impressabilities template!!!! LOVE both effects and the finished cards are gorgeous!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Holy moly, girl, what a CLASSY card. I never thought to use the impressabilities as letterpress templates...gonna HAVE to try this! So cool!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Carmaine... these are beautiful! Love what you did with the plate. Love B&W. :o)

Danni said...

Both of these are amazing!

Melissa Sauls said...

Ooooh, the black and white card looks just so classy and elegant...absolutely love it! And your second card is just AMAZING!!! Just drop dead gorgeous!

Erum Tasneem said...

black and white always looks good but this one looks absolutely gorgeous!

Beate said...

Both cards are beautiful! The black and white card is so elegant and you dragonfly so sparkly and pretty!
Hugs and smiles

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails