Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek - Day 1

I can't believe it's time for another Taylored Expressions release! This month, you are in store for some exciting new things! It's Day 1 of the Taylored Expressions February Release Sneak Peeks and we have something EXTRA exciting to share today - a whole new line of rubber stamps called Apple Doodle Ink! We are launching this FUN new line with two stamp sets designed to coordinate perfectly together - Window Shopping and Bakery Business. I just LOVE the fun, cartoon style of these images.

I have two projects to share with you today. The first is using both Window Shopping and Bakery Business to create a bakery bag gift. When I was thinking of how to use my Window Shopping set, I thought "I wonder if one of these windows will fit over the bakery bag window. . .and it did! First I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the window onto the bag. Then I stamped the window on various pieces of patterned paper in order to paper piece. I mounted the awning using dimensionals. I used the sign from Window Shopping, but a partial sentiment from Bakery Business for my little "sign in the window". I also added the display plate and cupcake from the Bakery Business set. I stamped the cupcake all over the bag to personalize it. The cupcake on the plate was colored using Copic markers and I added some Stardust Stickles. The bag is filled with Apple Cinnamon muffins that my daughters helped bake.



My second project is a card that I'm sure so many of us can identify with! Thankfully, I think the "diet phase" of my life is over. "Anything in moderation" has been my mantra since having kids. It's so much less frustrating that way! LOL This card uses only the Bakery Business set.

Be sure to stop and see what the rest of the Baker's Dozen has cooked up for you:

Stop back tomorrow for more peeks of what's to come!

9 comments:

Taylor said...

How cool, Charmaine! I love what you discovered with the Bakery bag...so cute and clever!! And I wish I had as much willpower as you do with the "everything in moderation"! LOL!

Karen Giron said...

This is so perfect Charmaine! I love the window around the window, LOL, and all the cupcakes on the bag.

Sankari W. said...

What a great idea to do the window on the bakery bag!!! Charmaine - you are a GENIUS!!!! LOVE how you decorated the outside and that inside is DELICIOUS looking!!! Your beautiful second card is simply perfect - and I am inspired!!! I think I WILL start my diet tomorrow ;) !!!! Sending you big hugs!!!
Sankari :)

Alex said...

Very cute Charmaine, love what you did with that bakery bag!! And, your card is fun!! What a cute new set!1 *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh how clever putting the awning on top of the kraft bakery bag...I LOVE that!!! Such a cute gift and your card is sooo super adorable! I'm wondering if we all gained a bit from our little treats making our projects, lol!

Karen Motz said...

Charmaine, you're SO clever to realize the window fits over the window on the bakery bag! What a fabulous looking treat! And I love the 'diet starts tomorrow' card...gosh...looking at all this yummy baking has me craving sweets!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh I love how you frames the bag window using the stamp set! That is awesome girl! Fabulous goodies!

Unknown said...

Very fun!! Looks like yummy treats! :)

Jackie Pedro said...

Ack!! You're so smart, Charmie! Love the bakery bag and the window treatment!! Your card is adorable, too!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails