Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek - Day 1

It's just about time for another release from Taylored Expressions and I have something very exciting to show you!  Taylored Expressions now has their own line of dies called Taylored Dies!!  For today's sneak peek, I have a couple of projects to show you using a die that coordinates with a new stamp set, Take Note
For this project, I used the die unconventionally and created this face to go on the front of the notebook!  I picked up this notebook in a dollar bin somewhere.  The papers and stickers are all from the Summertime Project Pantry.  The "big" in the sentiment is from the Animals in Love Sentiments and "book" is from the new Take Note stamp set. 
To create the face, I used the die and cut a piece from some Blush Blossom cardstock.  Then I used the pink Oval Marvy Uchida punch to punch a piece from brown cardstock and hand cut the "bangs".  The eyes, nose, mouth and ears all used various circles punches!


The next project I have for you uses the die conventionally as well as a frame and sentiment from the Take Note stamp set.  The Take Note stamp set has different sentiments that you can piece together to create the title you'd like.  It also has frames which have coordinating dies.  I used a magnetic notepad that I picked up in a dollar bin and added the "Grocery List" label to the top.  All of the sheets can be torn off from underneath the label. 
You can visit the rest of the Baker's Dozen to get a peek at some of the other dies that will be available Friday, August 6th at 11am Eastern

Carolina Buchting
Melissa Sauls

14 comments:

Nancy said...

Look at those cheeks!! How adorable, Charmaine! I know you don't have too much time on your hands, so your brain must just work in wildly creative ways!! Love the Grocery List too.

Dana said...

You have got to be the cleverest person in blogland Charmaine! I just love the face you created on the notebook and will probably be making my first purchase from Taylored Expressions just to re-create that!
Pure creative genius!

Jami said...

AAACCCCKKKK!! That face is sooooo CUTE!!! Loveit!

Sankari W. said...

GET OUT!!! Charmaine - that is awesome!!! That little face is beyond cute - and love the way you did the sentiment! How adorable and SOOOO creative!!! You amaze me!!!! Love that grocery list too - beautiful beautiful!!!!
big hugs,
Sankari :)

Linda said...

Oh my your are so clever. I love the way your created the face. I love this die.

Jodi Collins said...

Oh Charmaine!! WOW girlie! LOVE how you created the face and the ladybug notepad is AMAZING!!!

DG said...

Oh the face is so cute and soooo creative. I lobe that notebook - so well done. I also love the grocery list. I need one just like that to put on my fridge (with a magnet back). Wonderful Projects!!!

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh. My. Goodness!!!! Could you be any more creative with that die?!?!? Holy heck that is just AWESOME!! I love that book!! Oh my goodness, I think my son would totally love it if I made this for him...I just may have to CASE! :)

Michele Kovack said...

This is so cute! Clever use of the die!

Taylor said...

How do you do it? Can I live inside your head for just one day! I LOVE that face! Such a completely clever use of the die and adorable too!

Donna Baker said...

WHOA! that is clever to the max with the little boy's face using the die! it is so fun!! what a cute grocery list too

Karen Motz said...

Talk about the sweetest book ever!!! And an adorable grocery list to boot!!!!

Karen Giron said...

I love how you've mixed all the sets! And the punch image - DARLING!! So creative!

Carolina said...

Tooo stinkin' cute! LOVE your use of the punch and your grocery list notepad is just too stinkin' cute! Hugs & Smiles!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails