Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Verve September Diva Dare




Good morning!!  The September Diva Dare is happening over at the Verve Blog.  This month's Diva Dare is entitled "Tic-Tac-Toe". What we're daring you to create this month is a card or project using inspiration from a tic-tac-toe board.  For example:  x’s and o’s, hugs & kisses, squares, circles, grids, you get the idea.

When I started thinking about my card, I looked through some of my Verve stamps trying to decide which set to use.  I came across an old one that I can't even remember the last time I used. . .Artful Elegance.   I thought the background stamp from the set would make a neat "grid" and that circle/medallion stamp would work well for some "Os".

So, I started by stamping and embossing the background image three times on red cardstock to give me my "grid" base.  Next I stamped and embossed the circle image three times and punched them out using a circle punch.  After aligning the circles in different formations on the card, I decided on the simple, straight across placement and then used the sentiment to "cross" my consecutive Os!  LOL  I laugh because when my kids play TicTacToe, they take such joy in crossing their consecutive Xs or Os.  You would think the race of the game was to cross the consecutive Xs or Os regardless of which are yours!  :)

I used a white gel pen to add some interest to the sentiment panel and then finished the card with some ribbon from the Black Beauty Collection.

There are prizes to be won for playing along, so hop on over to the Verve Blog and find out how you can win!!  Thanks for stopping by and have a GREAT day!!

SUPPLIES USED:


  

     
   

   




2 comments:

Marisa said...

Brilliant, Charmaine!! Love the "winners row" :) I too love making that line LOL! Great take on the Dare!

Michelle said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Stunning card!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails