Monday, March 31, 2014

Taylored Expressions April Sneak Peeks: Greetings For Her and Silhouette Stems 6


It's Day 1 of sneak peeks at Taylored Expressions and we have a lot of fabulous new products to share with you!!  Today I am featuring a new stamp set called Greetings For Her as well as a new die called Silhouette Stems 6!  My first project features a greeting from Greetings For Her.  As you can guess, all of the greetings in this set are for women whether they be a sister, an aunt, a mother. . .you get the picture.  :)  I used the "generic" sentiment in the set because later I can add the "sister, aunt or mother" sentiment above the "you're the best".  :) 

This card also uses two new dies.  The flowers were created using the Silhouette Stems 4, and the background was created using the Spotted Cutting Plate, which I used as an impression plate on this card using the Dry Emboss Brayering Technique.  I used the Melon Melody Kaleidacolor ink pad to get the gradient of color on the background. 

The second project I have to share today uses the Silhouette Stems 6 die as well as two other new dies!  I cut the flowers in red and green cardstock and then cut just the flowers off the red and attached them over the green die cuts to get the two-color flower.  The background on this card was created using the NEW Spotted Cutting Plate.

I LOVE the look this cutting plate gives to a card.  It adds some interest without being too much, I think.  The sentiment is from the NEW Sketched Blooms set and it is stamped onto a piece that was die cut with the NEW Band It 2!!  I know I'll be using the NEW Band It 2 Die a lot!  I love the first one and have no doubts this one will be my new favorite!  ;)



Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with some fabulous giveaways! Visit the TE Blog (insert link: http://tayloredexpressions.blogspot.com/) each Sneak Peek Day this week for details on how you can enter to win. 

Don't forget to visit the rest of the Baker's Dozen to see more fabulous sneak peeks of what's being released Thursday, April 3rd!!  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!!





8 comments:

Morag said...

Love your cards, especially the first one. Lovely!

Kathy JH said...

Your cards are gorgeous! Love that new band it die!

Courtney K said...

love these color combos - very striking, specially the black silhouettes!

barbara macaskill said...

Love both cards!!! Great colors on the first one! So bright and cheerful!! The second one is classier but love them both! TFS!

Wanda G ( stampcat) said...

FABULOUS ideas for the circles cutting plate! That's a favorite of mine already and I love your take on using it. Great cards! Happy Release Week! :-)

Kendra said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! I totally adore how you used the Spotted Cutting Plate. Great cards!

Jan Castle said...

Lovely!!!!!!
Jan

Parker said...

Both of your cards are great. I'm a "fan of circles". I like the colors in the first card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails