Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek Day 1

It's time again for a new release at Taylored Expressions!  We have quite a few new things to show you.  :)  Today we're featuring two full-sized stamp sets, Dream Big and Treasure Life, an A la Carte stamp, Apothecary Shelf, the Apothecary Jar Die Set and the Stars Impression PlateAll of these products will be available for purchase on Thursday at 8am Pacific

My first project for today uses the Dream Big set.  It was illustrated by Nancy McKinney for the Whimsical Wishes line and is a full-sized stamp set containing 26 images.  It's great for graduation events!  I used it to create a graduation card and box ensemble. 


I used papers from the Restoration Collection by Crate Paper.  I started by stamping the circle image and die cutting it using the Plain Circle Nestabilities.  Then I die cut a circle to fit inside the word circle and mounted it with foam adhesive.  I stamped and cut out the graduation cap and added it to the focal piece.  If you look closely at the red cardstock in the background, you can see I used the one side of the Stars Impression Plate on it.  To make it show up a little more, I added some dark red ink to the plate before running it through the machine (also known as the Letterpress Technique).



The box is a little Star Box.  I created mine to be 3 inches tall.  It's perfect to fit a little graduation gift, like a gift card, or (for those really lucky graduates) a key to a car!  LOL  I used the Star Impression Plate on the box as well.  I stamped and cut out stars to add to the box.  I stamped the "Congratulations GRAD" onto green cardstock and die cut a tag.  The tag was die cut using the Favor Frame Die

My second project for today uses the Treasure Life set.  This set was also illustrated by Nancy McKinney and contains 23 images.  It has a coordinating die set called Apothecary Jar Dies.  I started with some papers from the Stella Rose - Gertie Collection from My Mind's Eye.  I stamped the sentiment onto Buttercream cardstock and die cut it using the Frame It Up 1 Die.  Then I stamped a jar from the set and stamped one of the fillers in the jar.  I die cut the jar using the Apothecary Jar Dies and colored the image using Copic markers.  I added some glitter to the colored fruit as well.  I used the Leafy Branch Die to add some leaves to the card and used a white gel pen for the faux stitching . 


You can see more projects using these new products by visiting the rest of the Baker's Dozen.

Danielle Lounds
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Regina Mangum
Sankari Wegman
Taylor VanBruggen
Tori Wild
and illustrator, Nancy McKinney

We'll be featuring more new products tomorrow, so I hope you'll stop back!  Have a great day!





12 comments:

Taylor said...

What a fun star box Charmaine! Love the matching card too! And your Treasure Life card is so pretty!

Karen Giron said...

You always have the most clever little gift boxes! Love the star shape and your card is so beautiful! Love the leafy accents and sparkle on the apples.

Nancy said...

Thanks for the closeups, Charmaine...you can really see the embossing on your fabulous backgrounds and star box!! Your apples are gorgeous.

Sankari W. said...

This is simply beautiful Charmaine! I adore the star box (and I wish that I could have gotten one like this.... with a key inside!!! :) Beautiful grad creations (Love the Letterpress technique!) The Treasure Life card just about took my breath away - so beautiful clean and crisp and soft! Beautiful in every way!!!
Gorgeous creations girl!
hugs,
Sankari :)

Jodi Collins said...

OOOOH! Charmaine! LOVE the graduation card and that star box is AWESOME! I LOVE the sparkle on the apples too!!

Jami said...

Your grad set is so bright and happy and that star box is fantastic! Love the sweet simplicity of your Treasure card - really showcases the sentiment!

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh every single project is just perfect!! Love your star treat box!

Karen Motz said...

You always make the coolest little boxes and this one is no exception!!! It's FABULOUS!!! Love the jar card too with the big sentiment taking center stage!

Regina Mangum said...

Your graduation set is just darling! I love the color combo. Your Treasure Life card is so pretty -- what a perfect pairing with the sentiment! XOXO

Rose said...

Love the card, star box and that cute jar card. Love your style.

Danielle L. said...

Oh wow! So much pretty eye candy! The star treat bag and matching care are delightful and I love everything about your Treasure Life card - I think I need to break out my white gel pen! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

What a fabulous set!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails