Friday, May 18, 2012

Mr. & Mrs.


This weekend, we are going to a wedding and I needed a card for the occasion.  I decided to start with the Royal Digs set from Taylored Expressions.  I took some Choice Snow White Cardstock and the Damask side of the Houndstooth/Damask Impression Plate and I letterpressed the cardstock.  I inked the damask side up with some cream ink, placed the white cardstock on top and ran it through my Cuttlebug.  I LOVE the look it gives. . .almost like I used a material for the background. 

Next I punched a circle and stamped the Mr. & Mrs and used my ScorBug for the embossed line underneath the sentiment.  I mounted the circle on a die cut Layering Doily Die Medium with foam tape.  Then I took cream cardstock and pale pink cardstock and die cut the heart from Hearts a Plenty out of both and then pieced the opposing colors together.  I adhered the completed heart onto the white circle with foam tape.  I used a Cream Pearl Pen to add "pearls" onto each heart on the doily die cut.  I tied some White/Light Pink Swirl Organdy Ribbon around the card and added a heart stick pin in the knot.  The finishing touch was the stitching around the border of the card. 



Thanks for stopping by today and have a GREAT weekend!  SUPPLIES USED:  Stamps- Royal Digs (Taylored Expressions); Ink- Onyx Black (Versafine), cream; Paper- Choice Snow White (Taylored Expressions), Blushing Bride (SU); Accessories- Houndstooth/Damask Impression Plate, Hearts a Plenty Die Set, Layering Doily Die Medium, ribbon (Taylored Expressions), stick pin, Cream Pearl Pen;  Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this card and have a wedding next weekend. I am definately going to try your card design. So cute. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful holiday weekend. Robin B.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails