Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Taylored Expressions October Sneak Peeks: Baby, It's Cold Outside and Christmas Treat Toppers


Good morning and welcome to the first day of October sneak peeks for Taylored Expressions!!  We have LOTS of awesome new products to share with you this week!  I can't wait!!  Today I have two projects for you.  My first project features the NEW Baby, It's Cold Outside set along with the NEW Shake It Up Die

Baby, It's Cold Outside is an adorable set that coordinates with the Shake It Up Snow Globe Die!  You can use the images without the snow globe, of course, but they are so stinkin' cute inside the snowglobe!!  :)  For my card, I die cut the top of Shake It Up out of a piece of cardstock that I embossed with the Swirls Cutting Plate.  I cut a second top out of transparency.  Once I colored and cut out Santa, I adhered him onto the swirled piece and then attached the clear die cut over top.  The clear sheet was also stamped with snowflakes and those snowflakes were embossed in pearlized embossing powder.

For the "base" of the snowglobe, I placed the stamp on the block curved and then stamped so that the sentiment to follow the curve of the snowglobe base.  The papers are from the NEW Bundles Up Project Pantry

The second project I have for you today features two new dies. . . Christmas Treat Toppers and Tag Pocket.  The tag itself was created using the Tag Pocket Die.  It creates a tag with a pocket that's perfect for a gift card!!  How neat is that?  To put a tag on a little gift that has a gift card inside!!  The sentiment is from the NEW Big, Bold Christmas set.  I stamped it in white craft ink and embossed it.  The tree is from the NEW Christmas Treat Toppers Die set.  I just LOVE that it fits nestled into the top of the tag like that.  I added some red cardstock behind it to add some color to the tree.

The tree was finished off with some ribbon and twine.  All ready to be tied to a package!!  :) 

I hope you've enjoyed today's peeks!!  Please come back again tomorrow for more!!  Before you go, be sure to visit the rest of the Baker's Dozen to see what they have to show you!!

Carole Burrage
Charmaine Ikach
Jami Sibley
Jen Shults
Joan Ervin
Kerri Michaud
Pattie Goldman - Guest Designer
Sankari Wegman
Shannon White
Shelly Mercado
Stephanie Kraft
Tammie Edgerton
Taylor VanBruggen
Wanda Guess

SUPPLIES USED:


  

   




6 comments:

Pattie said...

I am loving your sweet Santa snow globe and who doesn't love a super cute tag!?! Both are adorable! So happy to be joining you and the Baker's Dozen for the next two months too!

Unknown said...

Wonderful, Charmaine! Love the sweet snow globe and your pocket tag is beautiful!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Great projects! Love that little Santa in there and love how you did the background!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Your snow globe looks real, Shortcake! And I hadn't realized that the treat toppers would fit so well with the tag die. You're a smartie!

Jill Norwood said...

Charmaine I love your sweet snow globe! Beautiful embossing especially on the clear overlay! And that pocket die is wonderful! I will definitely get the little tree etc dies. I have the birthday set and love them so much! :). Thanks for the great inspiration!

Shannon White said...

Wowie Lady!! These are both Fabulous!! Love your Awesome embossing for your shake it up snow globe's BG!! Soo clever!! And your pocket tag is Super CUTE!! Love it! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails