Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Taylored Expressions October Studio Challenge




It's time for the Baker's Dozen Studio Challenge.  This is a monthly opportunity for the Taylored Expressions team to share what makes our stamping studios hum.  Each month we  have a fun, crafty question or theme so we can share our favorites, some tips and tricks, stamping advice and more.

The theme for October is: 
Never Felt Better!!
Felt is all the rage in crafting.  It's so thick and soft and gives that special warm and cozy feeling to fall and winter projects.  TE has 21 yummy colors to choose from, but do you ever just stare at all that felt and think, "Hmmmm...what should I do with it?"
Designers, show us a fun  project featuring felt.


As much as I LOVE felt, I don't use it as often as I should.  It's just one of those things I never think to add, so this was a great challenge for me!  I love the look and texture of felt and love when I see projects using felt.  I have a couple of projects today.  The first one uses the Trim the Tree Die.  I started by die cutting the tree base out of Chocolate Chip felt.  I die cut the sections of the tree using Jade and Split Pea felt.  I alternated the colors on the sections of the tree and adhered them to the tree base using FabriTac glue.  I found FabriTac Michael's where the adhesives are and it is great for adhering felt.  The ornaments on the tree were die cut using Cranberry felt and the star, Sunflower.  The papers are from the 'Tis the Season Project Pantry.  I also used the Label Stacklets 4 and the Medium Scallop Border dies on this project.  The sentiment is from the Woodland Winter set. 


For my second project I created little placecards.  First I had the idea to make little ladybugs out of felt using the Bugabee Bugs Dies.   I used Cotton Candy and Marshmallow felt to create them. I stitched the body and wings together on my sewing machine.  Once I decided to make the ladybugs into barretts, I hot glued them to the barretts and created these little place cards and clipped them to the placecard.   



The placecard was created using the Bracket Notecard Die.   The papers are from the Sweet Girl Collection from Echo Park.  I stamped "hello" from the Bugabee set and adhered it across the placecard.  I thought these would make cute little favors at a little girls' party.  

I hope you've been inspired to create with felt!!  Don't forget to visit the rest of the Baker's Dozen to see what they've created using felt!!  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

Carole Burrage
Charmaine Ikach
Jen Shults
Joan Ervin
Kerri Michaud
Pattie Goldman - Guest Designer
Sankari Wegman
Shannon White
Shelly Mercado
Stephanie Kraft
Tammie Edgerton
Taylor VanBruggen
Wanda Guess

SUPPLIES USED:  


  


   
 




6 comments:

Kerri said...

Your tree is just darling, and I LOVE the clips!!! What a fab idea, Charmaine!

Unknown said...

Wonderful, Charmaine! Love your felt tree and your placecards are darling - what sweet little barrettes!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Awesome post Charmaine! I adore that pink ladybug and your Christmas tree is a vision. So many great ideas!!

Joan Ervin said...

I sooo love your Christmas tree with the red ornaments, Charmaine, and what a great idea to make the lady bug barrettes...they are just precious!!!!

msalmon said...

Wonderful post Charmaine, using pink for Christmas was a great idea, thanks for sharing

fuzzylover said...

The Christmas tree is very cute and I just looovveee ladybugs!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails