Monday, February 25, 2008

All Mixed Up


This is for today's Try a New Technique Challenge at Splitcoast, All Mixed Up. . .to mix 2 or more patterns together. This card took me WAY too long to create because it just wasn't coming together. Maybe it's because I challenged myself to not use patterned papers that I would normally use. . .or at least colors of patterned paper that I would normally use. I picked these sheets out of a block of papers I bought a long time ago. These are definitely not colors I use often, if ever. To go with the paisley paper, I pulled out my long-neglected Polka Dots & Paisleys set. . .remember that one? I just couldn't seem to stamp anything that went with the papers, so I stamped the paisley from the set on different colors of cardstock, cut them out and made this flower. Not my favorite card, but I finished it! Hope it works for you! Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Polka Dots & Paisleys (SU); Paper- all DCWV; Ink- Night of Navy, Ballet Blue, So Saffron (SU); Accessories- rhinestone brad, grosgrain ribbon, paper piercer, Night of Navy marker

23 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This card is great, love these colors, so glad you stepped out of your comfort zone.

Juanita B said...

You date a fabulous job for something you don't like, haha. I don't think you are capable of making a bad card. TFS.

Linda said...

I DO like this one...love the flower created by a paisley swirl...will have to remember that, now! I just stole one of your ideas (your "back to basic" card) and then stretched it...go see my blog and you'll see what I mean!

Anonymous said...

It's funny how a card that you made that you feel is bad would be the best card I could ever make. Make sense? I think it is just fine. You are so creative.

Janine said...

Wow !!! This all works so well together...

Addicted 2 Craft said...

Love love love it! What a fantastic card. I think I love it because it is just that different, and not in the "usual" colours. U R an inspiration!

jjcreations said...

This is fantastic. You truly met the challenge of mixing things up.

Anonymous said...

this is gorgeous! such happy colors!

inkedx2 said...

Charmaine,

I love this card. You did a fabulous job!

Robbie

Deborah said...

It so works for me! Love this mix up Charmaine! Deb

Michele Kovack said...

Your efforts were well worth it!!!

Alex said...

I really like it Charmaine - the colors DO work together and you have displayed them beautifully! You are mega talented, everything you touch to create turns out amazing! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jessie/knightrone said...

I think you did a fabulous job working out of your comfort zone. I really like your card, but I know what you mean. Anything I make out mine, I completely dislike.

Donna Baker said...

great card! so cheerful looking

Carolyn King said...

I love your combination of patterns...what a funtastic card!

Jill said...

Awesome card! I love the colors!

Jennie Skaggs said...

What a gorgeous card...the bright blue is so cheery....love it. Very whimsical. Jennie

Jules said...

You did a great job mixing up paper patterns. I don't do that very well! I'm very monochromatic. Bad news, more snow here...so it's probably headed to you! :)Julie

Marlou McAlees said...

stunning card, love it!!! :)

Kelley said...

Nice card....not sure about the University of Michigan colors though :P (we're MSU fans!)

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow fabulous card ,love the colours and the layout ,brilliant ,Dawnx

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

This is so pretty Charmaine! love the colors, dp, and paisley flower!

Rose Ann said...

Wow...I love these colors!! That patterned paper and your big flower is soooo pretty!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails