Monday, February 11, 2008

Tilt Card Tutorial

Here is a tutorial for the card from this post, just in case you missed it! :)

SUPPLIES NEEDED:
-paper cutter
-craft knife
-stamps of choice (here, Just So Hippy from GinaK Designs)
-cardstock
-2 pennies
-Stampin' Dimensionals
-scissors
-Aquapainter
-ink pads (here, Wild Wasabi and Palette Noir)
-adhesive
-embellishments as desired





Step 1

Ink up and stamp just the head of the hippo. (I tried stamping the whole body and then putting the "behind" on top, but it looked weird when the behind moved and there were still legs there) LOL.















Step 2

On a scrap piece of paper, ink up the whole hippo and stamp. Cut out just the "behind".

















Step 3

On the piece of cardstock that just has the hippo's head, use your craft knife to cut out a square big enough for a dimensional to fit through, leaving a little space on each side. Attach dimensional to penny, then put penny behind cardstock with dimensional coming through cut square.






























Step 4

Peel off backing and attach another penny on top of dimensional to form your "penny sandwich". (the third photo is a side view so you can see the pennies on either side of the cardstock)






























Step 5

Color the hippo.














Step 6

Attach the hippo's behind on top of the penny. Once attached, tilt the piece from side to side to see that it works. If the hippo's behind doesn't tilt, try cutting the square a little bigger so the penny sandwich has a little room to move. Be careful not to cut the hole too big. . . unless you want the behind to spin around, that is!































Step 7

When you're happy with how the piece tilts, flip the whole piece over and apply dimensionals to the four corners. You want the penny sandwich to have room to move, so you don't want it to touch the card base.
















Step 8

Apply mattes, embellishments and sentiment to finish card!





Hope that all made sense and that you had fun! I'd LOVE to see any "tilt cards" that you make! Be sure and post a link for me!

46 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah...OK...so that is freakin' hysterical! Kind of looks like me walking down the hall. I am proud of my big stuff!! LOL!!
Becky

Dana said...

THANK YOU for this tutorial! Now all I need is the hippo! LOL! THANKS! (great pictures btw!)

Anonymous said...

So, so clever! You ROCK, Charmaine!

Rose Ann said...

Thank you for the fabulous tutorial!! Your card is the absolute cutest!! I love it!!

My Paper World said...

Wow! What a great project! Thanks so much for sharing!

Alhambra Club said...

I was wondering how you did that, thanks for the tutorial.

Alex said...

If I only had the hippo *sigh* - this is a GREAT tutorial though - love it! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jules said...

How flippin' cute!!!! What a great tutorial! Love it!!! :) Julie

dawnmercedes said...

fun! thanks for the tutorial...well done.

Nicole said...

fabulous!! this is such a great card :D

Latisha said...

what a great tutorial, I just need a stamp to do this project. Thank you for sharing this tip, its greatly appreciated.

Michele Kovack said...

Awesome tutorial Charmaine!! Adorable card!!!

Anonymous said...

Great tutorial. Great card. This is so clever and cute.

Janine said...

Thanks Charmaine.. I will have to try this...
Have a great day !!

Michelle said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing Charmaine!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!!! You are too fun!
Thanks for the great tutorial, it is SO helpful! :D

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness what a HOOT! your card is Amazing .. I sooo love it love everything about it .
Thanks so much for the tutorial ..
xox
Dawn Griffith

Jessica Smith said...

thanks for the tutorial. love it and the card is so cute now I need that stamp set.

Lynda said...

Thank you for the tutorial ~ it is fantastic! I used it and it was SO easy! I gave you full credit ~ of course! Thanks for sharing!

~Lynda

Anonymous said...

That has got to be the funniest thing I've ever seen! Brilliant! Thanks for sharing!

Michelle

BarbK said...

Love this tutorial so much, I had to make a card. Thanks, Charmaine, for teaching this old dog a new trick!

http://barbscardcreations.blogspot.com/2008/02/one-last-card-before-i-go-to-hospital.html

Melanie said...

GREAT TUTORIAL! You're the BOMB!!!

Laura said...

What a fun card...thanks for the great tutorial!

Neva said...

Charmaine, this is just too cute. I will have to give this a try.

Catherine said...

way too funny, i have the hippo and i have tons of pennies laying around (lol!) now i have to try this =)

Thanks for a great tutorial

Anonymous said...

I just came to see her again!! LOL!!

Marja Sch said...

What a lovely card

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Thanks for the great tutorial Charmaine! This is too funny!

Unknown said...

this is too flippin' cute! thanks for the awesome tutorial!

laurie serino said...

Where do you come up with this stuff !!!??? Just Rockin.

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

OMG!!! That is the cuest card EVER!!! I have wanted to try this technique for a long time and have neer really seen a GREAT tutorial on how to do it, But yours was so perfect!!! I have to get off the PC right now and go try it out!!!! Thanks so much for Sharing!!!!

Jewels

Anonymous said...

You just sold me this stamp set! Fantastic tutorial! I can't wait to pass this on.

Sheila

Barbara Schram said...

This is super awesome!!! Love the color too. Thanks for sharing so we can start shakin too!!!!

Lila H said...

Oh my goodness!! This is the cutest card and idea!!! and super tutorial.

Danielle L. said...

Oh wow! This is an amazing idea (great card too) that I just have to try out when I have a couple of moments. TFS!!!

Misty said...

Thanks for that great tutorial.
Misty

Katie Skiff said...

I love this...I used it on my Hula Girl Penguin on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Wow, This is really great. I will make one for my Gingerbread mama. That's my grandma. Thanks for sharing. Patty

Molly B said...

That is so cool. Ok now I want that set even more. :) TFS -Molly B

StinkerbellSteph said...

You are SOOOOO clever!! I'm jumping up and down, thinking of all the stamps I have that would be super cute tilters...how about the rocket ship from SU's Pun Fun?? Gotta try it! Thanks so much for the great tutorial!

jjcreations said...

This is so hysterical. I absolutely love it. Thanks for the tutorial and the inspiration. Joan

antje said...

Great tutorial....I will try it immediatly....thanks, love your blog

Anonymous said...

I'm lost, or missed something. If you want it to tilt, why not just cut it out and use a dimensional to slightly tilt it? Or, is it suppose to move slightly?

Love this hippo, and the giraffe in this set; had to purchase it.

Unknown said...

That is hysterical!!!! Love it! You are so creative!

Kerry Johnson said...

I know your tutorial is over a year old - but I finally had a chance to give it a whirl. Thanks for the awesome instructions and inspiration!!
http://cardsbykerry.blogspot.com/2009/03/mft-idol-entry.html

Purple Papaya said...

Ohhh!!!! this is soooo cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails