Sunday, February 3, 2008

Happy Thoughts!

Here's a sneak peek of one of the FOUR new sets Verve Visual is releasing on February 10th. The flowers are from the Serenity set. If you haven't visited the Verve Visual blog for the two previous sneak peeks, head on over! Amy and Laurie have posted gorgeous sneak peeks of the Serenity set! Instead of using the inspirational sentiments that are in the Serenity set, I paired the flowers up with a sentiment from the Happy Thoughts set. Happy Thoughts is a set of 9 interchangeable sentiments! "Happy" and "Mother's Day" are two separate stamps. I thought the font, the flowers and the colors of this card came together for a happy and modern Mother's Day card for those mothers on your list that would prefer bright and retro to classic and old-fashioned. I added some pink rhinestones for a little sparkle!


If you haven't visited the Verve Visual store lately, be sure and check it out! All stamps are 15% off in February, including the four new sets! These sets are available for pre-order on February 5th! There's also free shipping to the US and Canada for orders of $40 or more. Lastly, don't forget about the Honorable Guest Sketch Challenge Contest! There's lots going on that you don't want to miss. Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Serenity, Happy Thoughts (Verve Visual); Ink- Onyx Black (Versafine), Certainly Celery, Rose Red (SU); Paper- Wild Wasabi, Basic Black, Whisper White (SU), Rose (Magnolia); Accessories- gingham ribbon, paper piercer, brads (Making Memories), circle punch

17 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful Charmaine! Wonderful colours! Those new stamps look like MUST HAVES for sure!!

Lorie said...

What a lovely card! I love the bling on the flowers!

jenstamps said...

This is cute!!! I love the bright color you used too!

Donna Baker said...

what a pretty card, love the colors!

Alex said...

this is really really pretty Charmaine - love it! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Latisha said...

I think this is a perfect Mother's day card, bright and cheery {sp} I have entered two cards for the verve contest...Don't think I will be the "guest" designer but it still is a lot of fun. Have a great Sunday!

Jami Speidel said...

Awesome card Charmaine! Great color combo and love the stitching!

Carolyn King said...

BEAUTIFUL. one of my all time fav color combinations..such a fantastic job--love the little bit of black too!

Jules said...

Another one of my favorites you have made! I LOVE these colors, images, sparkle...the whole package! Looks awesome! :) Julie

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Charmaine! Love the colors you picked!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Charmaine. Love it!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, Shortcake (sorry, but that's what I'm calling you from now on! Hope you don't mind, 'cause I say it with LOVE!)! I'm catching up on what you've been doing lately -- everything is way, way too amazing. Can't wait to see the new Verve sets -- between you, Jen, and Shannan, I might as well just put in a standing order with Julee for one of everything Verve ever puts out; it'd save me a whole lot of trouble!

Bethany Paull said...

I love the bright colors set off with black. Beautiful Charmaine!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Gorgeous. I love pink and black...Lovely card!

Rose Ann said...

This is sooo beautiful, Charmaine! I love the color combination, and pretty stamps!

Kelly said...

What a pretty Mother's Day card. Lovely colors!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just gorgeous, Charmaine. I love the colors and the rhinestones on each flower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails