Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Opulent Pumpkin Celery


Yep! You read it right! LOL Orchid Opulence, Pumpkin Pie and Certainly Celery. When I first read this Color Challenge over at SCS today, I thought "WHAT?" It actually didn't turn out as back as I thought it would. I still don't think I'm sold on this color combo, but I'm glad I tried it! I used the Fancy Florals Remixed and Thoughtful Florals sets from Verve Visual. I absolutely LOVE how this flower layers, I really do! Now that Julee has released an acrylic version of the stamp set, it's a cinch to stamp the layers of the flower. The Pumpkin Pie piece was embossed using the Floral Fantasy Cuttlebug embossing folder. To finish it off, I added the pierced border, the rhinestone brad and the May Arts ribbon. Thanks for stopping by. . .you really do brighten my day! :) SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Fancy Florals Remixed, Thoughtful Florals (Verve Visual); Paper- Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery Designer Prints, Whisper White, Orchid Opulence (SU); Ink- Pumpkin Pie, Orchid Opulence, Certainly Celery, Basic Black (SU); Accessories- Floral Fantasy Cuttlebug folder, duo satin ribbon (May Arts), paper piercer, rhinestone brad.

20 comments:

Catherine said...

You're glad you tried it...I'M GLAD YOU TRIED IT!!! This is absolutely S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G! =)

And BTW, thanks for stopping by on my blogm. That was really sweet of you leaving a comment!

Alex said...

This is GORGEOUS Charmaine - I think the colors look great together in this card! You did a fabulous job as usual! Beautiful! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Melanie said...

LOVE THIS!!! I got that folder last week, but haven't used it yet, it's just heavenly, sigh TFS!

Lorie said...

Wow! That is bright but it is absolutely beautiful!

Jana Weaver said...

Great job with the color challenge Charlie...I love it!! And the cuddled piece is perfect on there!!

Marlou McAlees said...

gorgeous , gorgeous !! card :) x

Deborah said...

You did a great job with these colors! The embossing rocks! Would also be cute for a hippo and giraffe and other zoo friends, so colorful! Hugs to baby Issac Deb

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is fabulous!!! I love that layered flower too, and I can't wait to get my hands on that cuttlebug folder.

Janine said...

BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!!!

Jenn in GA said...

i really do like this combo! going to have to try it!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Gorgeous! It did turn out to be a nice combo, didn't it? I thought the same thing... blech! I love the embossing on your pumpkin piece with the new CB folder, too! Beautiful job!

Juanita B said...

WOW!!! You did an excellent job!!!
I LOVE all colors, but like you, I'm not too sure about this one. Your card looks great, I don't think I could pull it off so that means I'll have to give it a try. TFS.

Latisha said...

I would have never of thought to use this color combination, but this card pulled it off. I think the cuttlebugging pulled it all together. I really want that cb folder and the new polka dot one.

Donna Baker said...

your card is grreaat!

Pam Speidel said...

Truly AMAZING Charmaine! You really pulled off this color challenge in a BIG way! Love it! :)

Rose Ann said...

Your card has such beautiful colors, and I love that embossing!! Beautiful card!!

Dana said...

I can't believe you pulled these colors off Charmaine! WOW. Tough one and you hit it just right. I'm seriously impressed! Just saying those colors out loud makes me shiver! LOL

Unknown said...

So funny, I would have RUN from that challenge, but you made it look beautiful. You always have a way with that!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card for this super tough color challenge. I guess I need that cuttlebug folder! I love this!
Hugs and smiles

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Charmaine this is beautiful! great use of the colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails