Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Make It Monday - Custom Stamped Washi Tape


This week's Make It Monday Challenge at Papertrey Ink is Custom Stamped Washi Tape.  I haven't subscribed to this trend yet, so it was nice to learn how to make my own!  :)  I didn't have the 1 1/2 inch Scor-Tape, so I took my 1/2 Scor-Tape and lined three strips right next to each other on white tissue paper to create this 1 1/2 inch strip.  

I used the Spiral Bouquet set to create my patterned tape.   I thought it might look neat on darker cardstock, so I decided to start with True Black cardstock and I ended up liking the results.  I stamped the flowers in Pure Poppy ink and  overstamped with the line image in Onyx Black.  I also stamped some leaf stems in Ripe Avocado.  Once I finished stamping my "tape", I peeled off the backing and attached it to the True Black cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment in Fresh Snow ink, added some colored pearls and faux stitched around the edge of the black cardstock with a white gel pen.  I matted this piece with Ripe Avocado and put it onto a white card base.  You can see more creations using this technique here

Thanks for stopping by!  SUPPLIES USED:  Stamps- Spiral Bouquet (Papertrey Ink); Ink- Onyx Black (Versafine), Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado, Fresh Snow (PTI); Paper- True Black, Ripe Avocado (PTI);  Accessories- Scor-Tape, pearls (Want2Scrap), white gel pen, corner rounder;  Finished card measures 4.25"x5.5



2 comments:

wendy said...

very pretty idea...love the floral on the tape!

Marybeth said...

This is very cute , Charmaine! Nice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails