Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Taylored Expressions October Sneak Peek Day 1




Hello and welcome to Day 1 of sneak peeks for the Taylored Expressions October Release!!  We have LOTS of wonderful new things to show you from now until Friday, so I hope you'll stop by each day to take a peek!!

For my first project today, I am featuring the new Best Nests set along with the new Quatrefoil Cutting Plate!!  Best Nests is an adorable all-occasion stamp set featuring bird houses for different seasons.  It was designed by Nancy McKinney for the Whimsical Wishes line.  The Quatrefoil Cutting Plate was also designed by Nancy!  It was designed to cover the front of a card and measures 4" x 5.25".  It adds such a touch of elegance to any card! 

I chose to use a bird nest that is just plain cute and perfect for any everyday "hi!".  I colored the image using Copic markers.  I also used another new item on this card, the Label Stacklets 1 Dies!!  You're going to love these. . .I know I do!  I think I've used them on about every card I created this release!  :)  I also used the Miss Caroline All Dolled Up Collection from My Mind's Eye on this card. 

For my second project, I used the new A Bushel & a Peck stamp set!  A Bushel & a Peck was designed by Doug Applegate for the Apple Doodle Ink line and coordinates wonderfully with our previously released All Aboard and Loads of Fun sets.  I chose to use the basket along with the pumpkin image to create a Fall "thinking of you" card.  I stamped the pumpkins twice. . .once on the die cut piece for the card and once on a scrap piece of paper.  I colored the pumpkins using Copic markers and then cut out one of the pumpkins from the scrap piece and mounted it on top of the "real" image with foam tape.  Next, I stamped the basket on a scrap piece of cardstock, colored it, cut it out and attached it over the pumpkin image.  It gives a real dimesional feel to the basket.  Again, I used the Label Stacklets 1 Dies on this card. 

I hope you've enjoyed today's peeks!  All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, October 4th at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store.  And don't forget, an early peek at the stamp sets, as well as a SPECIAL Facebook GIVEAWAY, on Wednesday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you back tomorrow!

Carolyn King - Guest Designer
Jami Sibley - DT Coordinator
Jen Shults
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Melody Rupple
Nancy McKinney - Illustrator
Regina Mangum
Sankari Wegman
Shannon White
Shelly Mercado
Stephanie Kraft
Taylor VanBruggen
Wanda Guess






15 comments:

Renee said...

That background die is very unique....can see that for many projects. I love your pumpkin card too!

Karen Giron said...

This bird house is darling! I love the layout and your coloring! So super cute.

Sankari W. said...

I love your colors on the first card Charmaine! SO lovely!! and the super sweet little clusters of buttons is beautiful! And those little pumpkins is so lovely - gorgeous stitching!! Lovely Charmaine!!! <3

Carolyn King said...

Your cards are both wonderful Charmaine! love that cutting plate you used behind the first card. Beautiful creations!

Melody said...

Great cards! Love how the Quatrefoil Cutting Plate looks.

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Charmaine! I love the soft colors of the bird house and the basket of pumpkins just screams FALL!

wendy said...

oh so charming!

Billie A said...

Love both of your cards. Darling images and dies. Exciting to see the new release.

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Such pretty and sweet cards for today! Love them both. With all the fall and Christmas colors going on right now...It was a nice treat to see your pretty pink card! :-)

Shannon White said...

Love both of these Charmaine! Such Pretty and Sweet colors and dp's paired with the sweet Bird house! and I Love the Super dimension and Fabulous coloring on your pumpkins and basket too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Shelly said...

Sweet cards, Charmaine! Love the soft colors with the bird house card and the fall colors with the pumpkins...sooo pretty!

Jodi Collins said...

SO super sweet CHarmie! LOVE the soft colors of your birdhouse card, and the Quatrefoil background is STUNNING!!! LOVE!

Regina Mangum said...

Love love love you cards, Charmaine! You always choose the best colors. SO CUTE! XOXO

Jami said...

Your birdhouse is so soft and sweet and springy! Just darling. I also love what you did with Bushel and a Peck - super cute!

Taylor said...

Love the pastel colors in your birdhouse card and I'm totally loving all the different combos with bushel and peck! Your basket of pumpkins is adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails