Friday, October 5, 2012

TE October Release Party!


 

Welcome back!  In case you missed the release yesterday, all of the new Taylored Expressions products are now available in the Fresh Out of the Oven Department.  Be sure and check out the TE Current Specials page as well!!

Today I have a project featuring the Rejoice set along with the Nativity Border DieRejoice is part of the Lasting Impressions series of stamps. It is a full sized set that comes with 13 different Christmas and holiday sentiments.  I love how elegant it is.  The Nativity Border Die coordinates well with Rejoice as well as the previously released Christmas Blessings.  It doesn't cut the bottom, so you can place the design at any level on your card.  I find that to be a great feature! 


I used the Handmade Holiday Project Pantry for my set of cards.  I started by using Buttercream cardstock and creating the background with the Bouncing Brayer Technique and an Autumn Leaves Kaleidacolor pad.  I die cut the Nativity Border Die and added that along the bottom of the card.  I used the Medium Scallop Border Die to die cut and add a piece of patterned paper along the top of the card.  Next I stamped "Rejoice!" and heat embossed it in white.  As a finishing touch, I tied some ribbon from the Project Pantry on the card and added a Tiny Twinkle above the manger. 

I stamped a larger sentiment from Rejoice inside the card and added a strip of cardstock as well.  I thought this would make a nice, rustic Christmas card set.  Thanks so much for stopping back again today!  Tomorrow is World Card Making Day and I have a couple of posts going up, so I hope you'll come back and join in the fun!!

Jami Sibley - DT Coordinator
Jen Shults
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Melody Rupple
Nancy McKinney - Illustrator
Regina Mangum
Sankari Wegman
Shannon White
Shelly Mercado
Stephanie Kraft
Taylor VanBruggen
Wanda Guess






4 comments:

Jami said...

The bouncing brayer technique is so perfect with the nativity border! I have about a million of those k-pads, so I'm going to have to do one of these too! Great inpsiration!

Billie A said...

Love the background look. Nice colors and the die is awesome for this scene. Great card.

Taylor said...

Wow!! What a cool background Charmaine! It really makes the nativity scene pop!

Shannon White said...

Goodness Your BG is Fabulous Charmaine! Love the Vibrant colors and it really makes the Nativity Scene PoP for sure! Wow! Jut Beautiful Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails