Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Taylored Expressions February Sneak Peek: Posh Posies and Whimsy Alpha Dies

 
Welcome back for Day 2 of sneak peeks at Taylored Expressions!  I hope you enjoyed hopping around yesterday.  Today I have two more projects for you!  The first features the Posh Posies set.  Posh Posies is the newest stamp set in the Embracing Grace line.  It is a set of 20 complete with flowers, vases and sentiments.  There is even a coordinating Posh Vases Die Set

For my first project I made a set of bookmarks.  I used papers from the For the Record 2 Tailored Collection from Echo Park.  I started by stamping each of the flowers onto Choice Snow White cardstock using markers.  Next I die cut those piece using the Banner Stacklets 1.  I die cut some Posh Vases out of the patterned paper and mounted them over the stems with foam tape.  The bases were die cut using the Mark Your Spot Bookmark Die.  I created a border around each flower with a white pearl pen and added some Brown Polka Dot Ribbon to finish them off. 

My second project features the Whimsy Alpha Dies.  I used quite a few other dies too.  The Whimsy Alpha Dies created that nifty cursive sentiment on the card!  I placed the sentiment onto a light gray piece of cardstock that was die cut with the Banner Stacklets 1

The base of the card was covered with a piece that I die cut with the new Floral Cutting Plate.  I also created a bouquet with the new Silhouette Stems 2 and 3.  And I couldn't not add that gorgeous little butterfly by using the new Elegant Butterflies Overlays

The butterfly was die cut and then coated with glitter.  The flower were die cut in green and again in red, blue, pink and yellow and then pieced together to create the bouquet. 

I hope you've enjoyed today's projects!  I know I enjoyed creating them.  Please visit the rest of the Baker's Dozen for more peeks of what's coming to the TE Store Thursday at 8am Pacific!!

SUPPLIES:






9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I absolutely love those bookmarks. Beautiful work.

Jami said...

Both projects are darling. The multi-colored die cut flowers over the white are so striking and I just love the way the posh posies look as bookmarks!

SugarGem said...

These are so cute. Really nice

Cindi said...

Beautiful bookmarks and card! I love the dies you used and the colors are so pretty.

Kerri said...

Both are just gorgeous, Charmaine! I love the paper pieced vases on the bookmarks, and the white on white background on your card!

Shannon White said...

Wow Charmaine!! These are both such Beautiful projects!! LOVE the Sweet Bookmarks and your Card is just fabulous with the cheery silhouette flowers and the sweet sparkly butterfly too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Davi said...

I love the gorgeous tags, such pretty soft colors and those fun vases for the pretty flowers :)

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty tags,love your card,Super...

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Hi Charmaine! Wow, I love ALLLL your projects for today. Such great ideas and so pretty!! Happy Release Week! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails