Friday, May 25, 2007

Going Yo Yo

This was for yesterday's Ways To Use It Challenge on SCS, Going Yo Yo. You had to use Yo Yo Yellow on your card. I had no idea what to do for this challenge, so I thought I'd make a card for a friend of mine who just found out she's pregnant. I thought the small size would be perfect to just put on a gift! The sentiment is by Savvy Stamps and I thought it would make a great sentiment for a pregnancy congratulations card. I think it was actually paired up with butterfly stamps. If you missed my post about the Warm Up Cards of Valerie Stangle, you can read that post here. Warm Up Cards were one of the Try a New Technique challenges a little while ago. They are great little cards for when you are short on time! I think they make GREAT little cards to add on the top of a gift! Mostly, they are just wonderful for keeping your creative juices flowing even if you don't have time to spend on a full size card.

Hope you have a wonderful day today! We are heading to Idlewild Park, an amusement park East of Pittsburgh which is PERFECT for small children. They have rides which Savannah can ride ALL of, a water park AND Storybook Forest, which is a place with little storybook houses the kids can walk through and sit in "The Three Bears" chairs, etc. Savannah just LOVES it there and cannot wait to get out the door! Thanks for visiting! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Expecting Mother stamp, A Muse, One Little Flutter, Savvy Stamps; Paper- DCWV yellow and brown, white from Papertrey Ink; Ink- Palette in Noir, Chocolate Chip; Accessories- yellow polka dot organdy ribbon, paper piercer, circle punch, Brown Prismacolor marker.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charmaine, I love the layout of this card. YoYo looks good on it! The saying is so precious! Beautiful card, like always!

Anonymous said...

Very cute-- love the textured paper! Your image and piercing look just great!!! Love it!!!

DeborahLynneS

Melissa said...

Sweet! And I love the yellow polka dot ribbon!

Michele Kovack said...

This is certainly beautiful...and you did wonderfully with the challenge!

Bethany Paull said...

Totally cute little card. Hope you all had fun at Idlewild. What a beautiful day for it. I loved Storybook Forest as a kid. Your girls will remember it always.

Jill said...

Very cute! I love the layout with the circle behind the main image. Great job!

Sherrie said...

You did so well with the yo yo! love the little window of brown you created!

Rose Ann said...

This is so cute! The sentiment is perfect!

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

So sweet! This is wonderful! How was the park? I haven't been there is years but I remember some of it from when we would go with family!
~Angie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails