Monday, May 28, 2007

Wet Watercolor

This was for yesterday's Try a New Technique Challenge on SCS, Wet Watercolor. I have never tried this technique before. It was a lot of fun. I think next time, though, I'll use different paper. I used the white cardstock by Papertrey Ink and it absorbed a lot of the water before I stamped, so the "blurry" effect didn't happen as much as it should. Maybe I just needed more water. I'll have to experiment! :) I added some sparkle for some added interest.

Well, we leave in the morning for vacation. I didn't know if I was going to be able to post to my blog while I was away, but I think I may be able to a little. I've decided to make this week easy, so I've already made some "Warm Up Cards" that are all ready to share when I get to a computer. They are all quick and simple, so hopefully you'll like them! I used up a lot of scraps. . . yay! So, if you happen to visit this week, don't expect any earth-shattering creations! :) Simple, relaxing vacation stamping only! :) Thanks for visiting! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Remembering You; Paper- DCWV turquoise, olive, black, white cardstock from Papertrey Ink; Ink- Summer Sun, Tempting Turquoise, Palette in Noir, Old Olive; Accessories- Offray ribbon, paper piercer, black marker, small oval punch, Making Memories brads.

12 comments:

Amy said...

have a wonderful vacation Charmaine! Don't worry about posting, we'll do fine without you (we'll go through just a LITTLE Oodabug Alley withdrawl, but nothing a therapist won't be able to handle:))! Just kidding! We leave for a vacation in a few weeks, I can't wait! Have fun!

Amy

Michele Kovack said...

Very pretty card Charmaine! I need to read about this techinique! ENJOY your vacation!!!

Rose Ann said...

Have a wonderful vacation (we love Mickey too)!

Your card is so pretty! I love the colors! Great job with the technique!!

Anonymous said...

Charmaine your card is beautiful. I love the bright and happy feel of this card.

Have a wonderfulvacation!!!

Diane Gilbert said...

This is beautiful! Have a great vacation!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty- love your color choices and beautiful technique effect--

have a fun, relaxing time!!!

DeborahLynneS

Sherrie said...

Enjoy your time away Charmaine, don't worry about posting, I'll definitely be back when you are!

Alhambra Club said...

Enjoy your vacation, the card is great,You blog is on my daily visit list, but understand about vacations. Just got back today myself from a long weekend.

Donna Baker said...

great card!!! I tagged you on my blog today

http://stampamaniac.blogspot.com/2007/05/new-tag-by-jeanne.html

Unknown said...

Love this card - pretty colors!! Have a great vacation - get lots of rest!

Mark's Finest Papers said...

This is great! Love your color choices!

Pat said...

Have a great vacation, and I love the technique.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails