Friday, July 20, 2007

Monochromatic Happiness

Today's Limited Supplies Challenge at SCS was Simply Monochromatic. I love monochromatic cards even though I don't usually make them. The catch with this challenge was you couldn't use any embellishments! That was tough for me because I usually ALWAYS add ribbon. I wanted to add some paper piercing, but I thought maybe that was considered an embellishment. Another thing I did with this card that I never do (because I can't get my brain to work with them) is add flourishes. I think the patterned paper made me do it! :) I'm not sure if they work, but that square piece of cardstock behind the flower looked so "nekkid"! Thanks for stopping by! I hope your weekend is off to a great start! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Pick a Petal, Rhonna Farrer Flourishes; Ink- Not Quite Navy, Basic Black; Paper- Not Quite Navy, Wild Asparagus; Accessories- circle punches, oval punch.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charmaine, that's sooo cute! Love how you made the stem!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

so cute! love your paper crimped stem!

Alhambra Club said...

Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Oooohhhhh!!! Fabulous! Love love love love the crimped stem!!!!! You come up with the coolest stuff!

Unknown said...

Ooh, very pretty! Everything works so well together!

Rose Ann said...

This is so pretty! I love monochromatic, and your card is awesome! I love the stem!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

Beautiful work!! :)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Very nice! The crimped stem is a great idea! Flourished challenged? Nope!

Anonymous said...

So awesome girlie .. I love the design of your card .. I find this set a little hard to work with myself But you make it look easy :-)
xoox
Dawn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails