Tuesday, April 16, 2013

So Beautiful


The April Diva Dare is happening on the Verve Blog right now.  This month we are challenging you to "Bright Blooms and Butterflies", a combination of mine and Diva Marisa's (Rosemary Reflections) signature styles. I often use bright colors on my cards and Marisa uses lots of flowers and butterflies. So this month, we dare you to create a colorful card using either a flower or butterfly image, (or if you'd prefer... a fun die shape) as the focal element.

It's funny. . .when I sat down to make my card, I felt so much pressure!  LOL  The flower and butterfly part of the challenge was easy, but when I thought "make a card in my signature style", for some reason the pressure was on.  I never really thought I had a "signature style". . .or at least I just never thought about it.  When I create, I don't usually think "hmmm. . .where's my bright papers?"  So I thought about it and yes I do LOVE color!  I love bright, fun colors. . .I love soft, sweet colors and I really love pops of color.  I decided to go with a pop of color for my card.  I used the So Fluttery set for my card along with a flower from the Surely Goodness set.  The butterflies were die cut using the Flutterby Die and then stamped with the Flannel Kaleidacolor pad.  When I was thinking about "my signature style", I felt like I stamped and embossed in white on black cardstock a lot, so I incorporated that into this card.  The flowers were stamped in Versamark and embossed in black.  

So, would you consider this card "my signature style"?  I hope so. . .or I've failed the challenge!  LOL  To play along with us or to see everyone else's take on the challenge, visit the Verve Blog!   We hope you play along because we LOVE to see what you create!!  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! 



3 comments:

Marisa said...

You are too cute, Charmaine :) I felt the same pressure LOL! Love the bright butterflies and how they pop against the black. Fabulous touch with the embossed BG too.

Maureen said...

I had to laugh after reading your post, because I totally agree with you! When making my card for the Dare I noticed the same about your work :) I love your work with colours and the embossing in white...stay tuned for Thursday! Love your style :)

Stacey Schafer said...

fabulous use of black! LOVE!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails