Sunday, July 29, 2007

Beate Weekend Sketch #12

This is for Beate's latest weekend sketch challenge. Have I mentioned that I just LOVE doing sketch challenges? I think they are my favorite challenge, and Beate always has a great one! :) I tried to pull the colors from the patterned paper I used. I don't know if you can tell from the photo or not, but the big butterfly is lined with paper piercings. He just looked so flat sitting there, so I tried the piercing to give him some dimension. It looks pretty neat in real life. The smaller butterfly is stamped in Certainly Celery, then again on vellum in Tempting Turquoise. I cut just the wings out of the vellum and attached them over top of the Certainly Celery butterfly, again for dimension. The ladybugs, I let their wings hang over the square they're mounted on. That actually makes it fit into the "Out of the Box" Dirty Dare Challenge by Leslierich. Don't you love when things like that happen by accident? I've fallen WAY behind on my Dirty Dare Challenges, so it's nice to get another one in there without thinking about it. Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Garden Whimsy; Ink- Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black; Paper- Amy Butler Sola Collection, Wild Asparagus, DCWV chocolate and turquoise, Whisper White; Accessories- paper piercer, Chocolate Chip marker, horizontal slot punch, ribbon from Oriental Trading.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charmaine, that's absolutely gorgeous! I love the vellum wings, the paper pierced big butterfly and the ladybug wings hanging over. You always rock at the challenges! Hugs!!!

Michele Kovack said...

Lovely! I love both of those gorgeous butterflies!!

Jill said...

What a great card Charmaine! I really love the colors you used!

wanda box said...

i have to echo what beate said this card rocks tfs

Dottie K. said...

This is beautiful. Love the colors. TFS :)

Anonymous said...

oh great job! love the paper! and the colours! I need to do this scetch!

Heather P. said...

What a fabulous card! LOVE it! :)

Shanismom said...

beautiful card. love the colors and the beautiful colors on the butterflies.

Anonymous said...

This is just wonderful!!

mum-on-the-run said...

Beautiful work!

Diane Gilbert said...

Another great job on the challenge! I love all of the dimensions that you have on the design!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Another great card! Love it!

Rose Ann said...

Your card rocks! I love everything about it!!

Unknown said...

Really nice card, all the colors and papers work so well, it's great!

Bethany Paull said...

Lovely! The zig zag faux stitching is such a great touch.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails