Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Make It Monday - Creating Larger Frames


This week's Make It Monday Challenge at Papertrey Ink is Creating Larger Frames With Smaller Frame Stamps.  Basically, you're "hiding" where you stamped the frames together so that it gives the illusion of one big frame.  I chose to use the Framed set for my card.  I stamped the square frame twice on white cardstock to fit the length of the box I wanted.  Then I used the Mat Stack 4 Die to cut a small frame out of Berry Sorbet.  I stamped it with the frame from Tiny Treats: Halloween in Pure Poppy ink.  I placed it on top of the overlap in the frame from Framed.  I die cut a flower using the Bloom Builders #3 Die and Pure Poppy cardstock.  I attached a button to the center and added that to the sentiment panel. 

As a finishing touch, I added some Scor Tape lining the stamped frame and covered it in glitter.  You can see more creations for this challenge here.  Thanks for stopping by!



9 comments:

Rebecca Deeprose said...

O.K. Charmaine, now I have to get the 'framed' stamp set! Love the colors you chose and the glittered tape border- adds a great touch! Very pretty card!

Marybeth said...

Your card is so well put together! Love the color and the flower you made. Beautiful way to frame up the card with a touch of glitter

Jen said...

super cute!! love that flower...drool!!

Dawn McVey (dawnsing) said...

So cute, Charmaine! Glad you got to play along!

Jenny said...

And now the framed set has gone from my 'get eventually' to my 'must have' list. Lovely card!

Luanne said...

Super cute "Girly" card! Love the bloom...!

Jana said...

I love your take on this challenge. Don't you just love that flower die?

Suzanne Russell said...

Definitely a girly card! I love it. It's certainly time for me to get out the bloom builder again-you have inspired me with the great colors and cheerful greeting.

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your card, my favourite bloom too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails